Things locked up in stores

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, May 6, 2013.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Has anyone noticed this trend in recent years? Is it only an American thing? First I noticed it in drug stores like Walgreens. Then I started noticing it in grocery stores. I notice that certain products are being locked up, so you have to seek assistance from somebody in the store to unlock the product for you. I think the worst part of shaving again isn't the effort involved in shaving everyday, or even the exorbitant cost of the razors themselves, but the fact that every time you want to buy razors from the store, you have to track an employee down to unlock the item for you. What a pain in the ass. I might as well just start ordering my razors online. It's probably cheaper that way anyway.

2. Lodog

Lodog ¿

Yeah!

Do you know how much of a pain in the ass it is to get good allergy meds?

I'll never be able to make a good batch of meth!

3. tubahead

tubahead Member

Yeah getting razors is definitely a pain now. I haven't shaved my beard in a year and a half. Not because of getting the razors or how expensive they are. Just because I like have a huge beard. I was shaving my head for a while and had to get some and you have to go look for somebody to open it and then they have to go find somebody else. Wegman's has them locked up. Tops I think just has an alarm that goes off and makes an annoying sound. I might have that reversed.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

Gillette Good News Razors 30 Ct Price: $10.99...

you guys must be spoiled.

Try shaving with the shank proof razor for a week.

[​IMG]

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

No... I haven't noticed this trend.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

online stores dont lock stuff up..

7. Crimson and Clover

Crimson and Clover Member

Yeah, I was trying to get some ear buds from Target, but they were locked up. When I finally found someone to help me they didn't have a key for them. I just left and bought some on amazon, they were cheaper.

8. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

I get my razors at the .99 cents store . There are 5 plastic bic razors for .99 cents . They dont bother locking up any thing they sell for .99 cents . Another thing I see locked up is spray paint cans . I guess kids steal them. Many stores are using an r.f.i.d. device on there more expenceive stuff . Home depot locks up there more expenceive circuit breakers . Like the big zinscos . http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/100669...rizontal1-1-_-NA-_-100669951-_-N#.UYgNpKZsmQ0

9. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Doesn't bother me, but I come from a retail management background and understand how much theft impacts retail prices.
    The two biggest controllable expenses are payroll and prices, so if you don't want higher prices and higher unemployment, don't steal shit! :bobby:

If you notice it is usually items that are small yet have a relatively high $$$ value, but not to high, usually about $10-$30 range. Reason is those items/price range don't raise too many eyebrows when returning for credit, but a $100 item would.
    The usual scam is steal a few items then return them for store credit. That is why items like razors are locked, they the right size and price for theft and are a common everyday item.

In addition individual stores can track what particular items are being stolen and take appropriate action.

I know you probably want to hear people bitching and complaining, but sorry, there is a valid reason for it and I'm in agreement with it.
    I have personally lost thousands of potential $$$$ in unearned bonus's due to theft.:(

There is a method to the madness.

10. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

You're from Rochester?

11. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

It depends on the neighborhood. I've been to stores nice neighborhoods and nothings locked up. But if I go to the same store in a more ghetto neighborhood they got the razors and other things locked up.

12. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I've been using a safety razor, and buy my blades from a barber. You should look into it. The blades are about 40 cents a piece and give you a much better shave. It's the next best thing to a straight razor.

13. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Oh yeah...there's all kinds of stuff locked up that a lot of people don't even know stores sell.

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

least u dont have to keep your bags up front. since that whole everything is a bomb now..

15. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

razor blades here aren't locked up, but you have to lift up a plastic cover over the shelf they're on and it beeps until you close it again. i guess so they know if someone has it open for a long time? i don't really understand it.

16. tubahead

tubahead Member

The South Towns of Buffalo. Just moved here about 6 months ago.

17. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

They lock up razors now :eek:

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i've only noticed it at video game stores.

19. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

They lock up razors at video game stores?

20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

of course. you don't want people scratching up the games, do you?