They don't make them like that anymore

Discussion in 'Movies' started by heyzeus321, Aug 16, 2005.

1. heyzeus321

heyzeus321 Member

I just got The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly on the Double Disk DVD and I was watching it thinking man they don't make them like this anymore. A movie where the way you look at someone can tell you so much without speaking a word.

Is their any movies that make you feel this way?

2. bonoboy

bonoboy Member

The Godfather...My all time favourite movie franchise...Unsurpassable in my humble opinion...

3. kif

kif Member

Im a die hard horror fan and they dont make movies in that genre the way they use to. The Exorcist, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Night of the Living Dead, An American Werewolf in London to name a few. Even the older classics such as The Haunting and Nosferatu surpass most of the pg-13 teen horror films that Hollywood keeps churning out. With the excpetion of some movies that have been released in the past 5 years, Saw, High Tension, House of 1000 Corpses and The Devils Rejects, I tend to look for the horror films that come from across the pond. Audition, Ju-On, Premonition and Ichi the Killer (if you want to consider that horror) are some of my favorites.

4. kif

kif Member

I also dont want to confuse anybody by them thinking that I think High Tension is an American film. A great French horror/thriller that many have over looked. I highly recommend HT for anybody who hasnt seen it yet.

5. bonoboy

bonoboy Member

Exorcist 3 was by far the best of the trilogy...Little known but far scarier...George C. Scott was in it, anyone seen it?

6. kif

kif Member

After seeing The Exorcist 2, I passed on the rest of the sequels because I thought it was just terrible. Exorcist: The Beginning I thought was pretty good. I think Im in the minority there.

7. bonoboy

bonoboy Member

I haven't seen the fourth installment yet...If I enjoy a sequel, I like it to keep in touch with the original plot line as much as possible...For instance what the hell was Halloween 3 about?...Check out exorcist 3 Kif...

8. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

to kif, the horror guy...have you seen Black Christmas?

its a canadian movie with a killer in the house, calling on the telephone scenerio

9. Wonder Girl

Wonder Girl rhapsody in pink

I love those westerns by Sergio Leone. The Good,the Bad,and the Ugly is excellent...so are A Few Dollars More and A Fistful of Dollars. I like most westerns with Clint Eastwood...and even with him starring in a film and directing it.

Then of course,all Hitchcock films...those are classic.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I just love the setting of the old west. So I even like the movies of Spencer and Hill. :)

But the westerns of Sergio Leone are just fantastic, I got them all on dvd and I love to see movies like that to be made again.

11. kif

kif Member

Black Christmas is a classic. Im also a big fan of the Ginger Snaps films.

12. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

nosferatu is a freaky movie.

13. kif

kif Member

Max Schrecks portrayal of Count Orlock is just down right creepy as all hell IMO. I thinks its the insanity in his eyes that gets to me.

14. gunison

gunison Member

That is an awesome movie! I saw it last December for the first time after hearing about it on TV. Groundbreaking. Think about it. It came out before Halloween (and Jaws, for that matter) and it uses that deep-focus photography and the audience doesn't see the monster. One of the most underrated films of the last 50 years. Margot Kidder and the lady who plays the house mother (stashing booze in the bathroom---HA!) crack me up.

15. boog

boog A square peg

i loved halloween 3 mighty fun
    they dont make films like last house on the left any more. or they do there just harder to find :).
    infact i reckon most films are becoming to cg but thats a long argument anyway
    either that or just plain shitty
    i saw devils rejects the other day and i really wanted to like it but it just didnt do owt for me.

16. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

i was watching a little feature on the BRAVO channel on that movie [black christmas]...they were interviewing the guy who was always the killer's eyes and hands...it was cool...

i find the first killing to be the most chilling...also the fact that the girls boyfriend wasnt the killer is scary