they are watching us throught the tv

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Manifest831, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

well it was like an image send to me from space.

2. Xac

Xac Visitor

:confused:
    :confused:

3. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

maybe i was a fat Asian guy in my past life

4. Xac

Xac Visitor

There's no doubt you were :p

5. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Someone could see what you are watching at a distance by picking up the RF radiation that is produced by a conventional CRT. The electron beam moves in a regular pattern across the screen and radiates RF. You can see the images on the TV that the person is watching remotely when picking up and processing the RF in the right way. Kinda spooky.

6. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

sometimes some tvs glow a little bit when they're powering down.

7. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

There was a time when cable TV companies talked about using remote sensing to see if people were cheating on their cable company. Scrambled pay channels had a particular horizontal sweep frequency compared with other channels. The RF generated by the horizontal sweep circuits in the TV could be picked up remotely with the proper equipment. If the sweep frequency exactly matched that of the scrambled channel and the person at the home wasn't paying for the channel, then it would be known that he was cheating.

It would be a costly way of looking for cheaters. It was easier for a cable company to tell people that they had the capability of doing this and scare them into not cheating than it was to actually find out one by one who was cheating.