They ARE concentration camps

Discussion in 'Politics' started by unfocusedanakin, Jul 13, 2019.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Many people want to get stuck on semantics and get upset when you say the border is a concentration camp. They say it's disrespectful to Jews and not the same thing. How so? Spanish speaking people are HATED by some Americans. They are seen as the source of all the problems in the country with their lazy and dishonest ways. Without them the country is great. Same thing Hitler said of the Jews. I somewhat see the point of treating the second world war with respect but the ultimate lesson of that war is not the repeat it. Now the same people who are OK with Nazis are OK with this.

Therefore it's good in a way to torture or kill them since they deserve it these people say. ICE captures people and places them there as well. Another common argument is that since the Spanish people decide to walk to America it's their own fault so not like Jews. Sure, they did walk here but are we letting them walk back? According to humane international laws if someone is in a country illegally and their only crime is doing this you simply send them back. If they have committed another crime such as theft or murder the country will try them in their court according to the nation's law and may or may not keep them in their own prison system.

In the past this was what was so upsetting to MAGA people. All we do is drive them a few miles away from our border and drop them off so the person can and does try to cross again. They see no consequence and in a way there is no but there should not be.

The cruelty is the point here. More and more I see MAGA people are truly evil. The pleasure they take in this is in no way Christian or in line with any world religion. The Bible says you treat a foreigner as your neighbor because the Jews were foreigners in Egypt. Right now children who go where parents take them live with no food, no clean water, no medicine. You should be ashamed of yourself but I know you are not. This is beyond politics. You show you have no soul. You better hope god is not actuly how it's described in the Bible you Evangelical bigots. If he is you are in trouble.

They come because a Capitalist American citazin will hire them so THEY make more money and yet they have convinced you they have no fault.

Ajay0, granite45, StellarCoon and 2 others like this.
  2. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Anyone who has been to a concentration camp will tell you they are concentration camps.

3. lode

lode Banned

Concentration Camp. Full stop.

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Lets us know how many Latin American families you are going to let stay in your home indefinitely

5. lode

lode Banned

About as many as the number of bricks you're going to lay down at the wall, but less than the number of logical fallacies you'll make in this thread.

6. lode

lode Banned

stormountainman likes this.
  7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I find this video so damn disturbing

8. lode

lode Banned

See the videos at border and aren't disturbed? Consider that our media has fundamentally broken part of your soul.

When I stayed in Bogota, I toured the military police museum. My tour guide was an 18 year old soldier who went by the name ‘bam bam’. He got the name because he carried the RPG’s in his unit.He said of Colombia, "There has to be war somewhere to have peace somewhere else." He was wrong, but I’ll never forget it.

The crisis in Central America & South America which is causing so many people to come here is directly caused by decades of our own foreign policy. The crisis of so many people detained in concentration camps is directly caused by our current domestic immigration policy.

The current solution of detaining people is clearly broken. Big problems are solvable.

1: We identify everybody in custody, and if they are not a violent criminal, we release them.

2: We need a Marshall Plan for Central America. We take our military out of the middle east and send the army corps of engineers into Central America.

3: The creation of a latin american peace corps. If someone who tried to or is trying to come into the US Central America, and will serve for two years in building roads/bridges/hospitals/schools in central america, we grant citizenship.

Maybe these aren't the right solutions, and we need different ones. But our current policy is inhumane and must end.

Lynnbrown, Ajay0, Orison and 4 others like this.
  9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

They're good solutions
    Better than what any of our elected officials have suggested

Appointing more judges to deal with the backlog of asylum claims would also help address the immediate issue

10. stormountainman

Pence reminds me of Heinrich Himmler during his visits to the concentration camps.

11. stormountainman

I agree. It is a direct result of American government policy.

12. new Athenian

new Athenian Members

Perhaps both sides of this discussion have missed the important truths underlying this crisis at our border. We the United States of America have been engaged in efforts to integrate trade and manufacturing since the early 70's . In addition we've sent trillions in aid south of the border and yet today in spite of economic aid , all the trade deals, all the private humanitarian efforts underway as I speak ( I've donated personally to these ) what do we have to show for 45 years of effort ?

In many places throughout Central and South America the answer is zilch ?

What's happening today is the result of years of corruption , graft and outright theft however no one on either side of this issue will really take the gloves off and address this issue head on.
    In truth these people are desiring to leave their homeland due the unlivable circumstances at home which would not exist in many cases if not for the fact corrupt governments are in place and theft continues unchallenged by anybody !

At the end of the day can we simply invite the population of Central and South America to relocate in the United States ( a financial and logistical impossibility ) or should we rather desire and work for a better world in their homeland which is what the last 45 years were supposed to have been about ?

Again what we're witnessing are the lies and deception orchestrated by the Democrat and Republican parties as the wholesale corruption continues unabated !

Change cannot happen unless we're first honest with ourselves !

kankoon and WritersPanic like this.
  13. lode

lode Banned

Sponsoring contras and banana republics to wage our drug wars is slightly different then the actual Marshall Plan of rebuilding central america that I'm proposing.

I've been all over. Corruption is a direct consequence of a developing nation. And It's as rampant here as it is there. The barrier of entry is just much higher. You have to buy off the DA rather than paying your bribe directly to the cop.

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

One thing you can bet on, there will be a whole lot of faux empathy in this thread

kankoon likes this.
  15. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

Places like this are where people end up that break our laws. Don't like it ?? Too bad, our borders are there so we don't end up like the places these bastards are leaving.

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Translation, I feel no empathy so that means no one else does either

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Or .....most of them only care about the immigrants because it makes Trump look bad

kankoon likes this.
  18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

It makes him look like a piece of shit but that's not what makes people feel basic human empathy and compassion when they see people crammed into cages standing room only.
    And if you're so cynical you dont believe true human empathy exists, then ..I dunno what to tell you. That's next level cynicism

19. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

The sad fact is that the way illegals are being treated makes Trump look good to his supporters. They don't want empathy to be shown. They're good Christians after all. (Where's that damn sarcasm emoji?)

eggsprog, Lynnbrown, Meliai and 2 others like this.
  20. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Refugees seeking asylum aren't lawbreakers. Neither are their children.