These people make me happy....

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Animaliberation, May 24, 2004.

1. Animaliberation

Animaliberation Member

Write to an Animal Liberation Prisoner! Please take a moment of your time and make a difference in these freedom fighters' lives! For more political prisoner listings visit the Spirit of Freedom website.

[​IMG]Dave Blenkinsop, EM7899
    HMP Rye Hill
    Onley, Warwickshire CV23 8AN, UK
    Sentence: Serving 10 years imprisonment for a stave attack on the Managing Director of HLS, rescuing 600 guinea pigs from a lab supplier and planting incendiary devices under abattoir vehicles. What you can send: Checks, self-addressed envelopes, books of stamps, writing paper, envelopes, see through pens. Checks/POs should be made payable to "The Governor", and have the prisoner's name and number printed clearly on the back of the cheque/PO. The prisoner will then forward the cheque/PO to be processed. Please also include a SAE for the prisoner to acknowledge receipt, and indicate in your letter that you have done so.

Paul Le Boutillier, KA9326
    HMP Hull
    Hedon Road
    Hull HU9 5LS, England, UK
    Sentence: Found guilty of making phone calls to various animal abusers including Covance staff at work and at home, HLS share holders, hunt scum, farmers, agricultural suppliers, shooters and other low life. Paul was subsequently sentenced to an outrageous 5 year prison term. What you can send: Checks/Postal Orders, SAEs. Checks/POs should be made payable to "The Governor", and have the prisoner's name and number printed clearly on the back of the cheque/PO. The prisoner will then forward the cheque/PO to be processed. Please also include a SAE for the prisoner to acknowledge receipt, and indicate in your letter that you have done so.

Paul Holliday, KA9328
    HMP Hull
    Hedon Road
    Hull HU9 5LS, England, UK
    Sentence: Found guilty of making phone calls to various animal abusers including Covance staff at work and at home, HLS share holders, hunt scum, farmers, agricultural suppliers, shooters and other low life. Paul was subsequently sentenced to 18 months. What you can send: Checks/Postal Orders, SAEs. Checks/POs should be made payable to "The Governor", and have the prisoner's name and number printed clearly on the back of the cheque/PO. The prisoner will then forward the cheque/PO to be processed. Please also include a SAE for the prisoner to acknowledge receipt, and indicate in your letter that you have done so.

[​IMG]Hanna Ekegren
    Box 1005
    718 92 FROVI
    SWEDEN
    Sentence: Hanna Ekegren of Farväl Äggindustri (http://www.byebyeegg.com) was sentenced to 10 months for her role in destroying machinary at Gimranas Inc. Hatchery in Sweden. Gimranas is the largest chicken breeder in Sweden, breeding close to 90% of all chickens used as laying hens in the country. Farväl Äggindustri committed this act openly to help bring attention to this brutal industry. The action prevented tens of thousands of chickens being born into a tortorous life and is estimated to have caused about $240,000 worth of damage to the facility.

Kerry Whitburn, LC7479
    HMP Nottingham
    Perry Road
    Sherwood, Notts NG5 3AG, UK
    Sentence: Kerry was sentenced to 4 months (on April 29) in connection with actions against Newchurch farm, where guinea pigs are bred for vivisection.

2. Manolao

Manolao Member

this makes me remember when we went to demonstrate again the killing-dog-breeding Morini in Italy...

they used to send Beagle dogs to germany for cosmetic experiments... bastards!!!!!!!!!

but after our action all the animal-magazines banned this breeding... and after a while there was a sentence from the municipality to close it down! :)

3. Little Vegan Dan

Little Vegan Dan Member

yea, those people have guts. sad to know that they're spending a such a long long time in prison.

~Dan

4. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

Hmmmm. Violence just breeds more violence though. I used to know one of those guys, and he was a psychotic asshole who kicked shit out of his girlfriend on a regular basis.

5. Megara

Megara Banned

they arent political criminals they are just plain criminals...the lady in burma is a political prisoner.....these are just petty criminals

6. DoktorAtomik

Anyone who breaks the laws of a country is technically a criminal. The word in itself has little meaning. Criminality is not a moral judgement, it's a dictionary definition. The moral interpretation comes from whether or not you agree with a person's reasons for breaking a particular law and their actions in that regard.

7. jesuswasamonkey

jesuswasamonkey Slightly Tipsy

Attacking someone with a stave and planting car bombs is criminal no matter what the motivations. I'm suprised the first guy only got 10 years actually, he's lucky noone got seriously hurt. He is not a political prisoner, he is a criminal and a terrorist, people who physically assault others and plant car bombs belong in jail no matter what their motivation was.

Violence never solves anything, and terrorism is the most counterproductive activism possible. Terrorists belong in jail no matter what causes they are supporting.

Also, "liberating" medical experiment animals is a very bad idea. Medlab animals are very often given communicable diseases in an attempt to find a cure, by releasing these animals you could unleash an epidemic on the animal or even human population of wherever they end up.

If you ask me, ALF is a bunch of terrorists and fools. Releasing 600 diseased guinea pigs will only cause the company to buy 600 more guinea pigs to give diseases to and it doesn't justify planting car bombs and attacking someone with a stave. These people only cause minor annoyance to the companies they attack, they don't put anyone out of business. I guarantee you, if the world ever goes vegetarian or animal testing is outlawed it will not be because of a bunch of terrorists blew up cars and released diseased animals, it will be because the animal rights community actually got their act together and started using peaceful political means like everyone else who wants to bring a positive change.

8. DoktorAtomik

Smoking pot is a 'criminal' matter, so like I said, the word in itself is meaningless

Agreed. Except I would point out that the ALF have been known to use 'incendiary' devices that just produce a lot of smoke. These are designed to disrupt and cause hassle, and are incapable of causing injury. The press, surprisingly enough, calls them 'bombs'.

That statement only holds true if you consider yourself a pacifist. And one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Find me one example of this ever happening.

Making sweeping statements like that is foolish. I agree that many of their actions are questionable at best, and indefensible at worst, but like any subject, there's a lot of grey areas.

Wrong. The ALF single-handedly shut down the fur industry in Britain.

9. jesuswasamonkey

Well, language usage changes from place to place and person to person(especially with dum rednecks and cyborg primates:p). I would call smoking pot illegal, I would call theft and murder criminal. In that sense, I consider Dave's actions criminal.

Well, all I know about that case is that he was convicted for "planting incendiary devices under vehicles". I would call that planting car bombs. If the "incendiary devices" really were just smoke bombs it would make it less criminal, perhaps downgrading the act from terrorism to vandalism. Although the stave attack, aka assault with a deadly weapon, is still very criminal.

Well, I do consider myself a pacifist in the sense that I strongly believe that a peaceful solution to any problem is always possible and always preferrable to a violent solution. That alone doesn't make it true though. Some of the most successful freedom fighters in history used entirely peaceful methods and never actually fought or incited others to fight at all.

Didn't you see 28 Days Later?:p
    Seriously though, I don't know of any specific cases, but given the FACT that medlab animals are often given communicable diseases for the purpose of testing cures, it does not seem unlikely that an activist could free the wrong animal and start an outbreak. Of course, labs testing really bad diseases are always under very heavy security, so it is unlikely that an activist would be able to get in to liberate a monkey with ebola or something. But it is a very serious thing for anyone considering "liberating" animals from medlabs to think about, if they insist on liberating medlab animals they should at least find out as much as possible about what is being tested before going in.

It's just my opinion. Anyone who uses violent means to acheive a political or social end is in my opinion a terrorist. And anyone who thinks a violent solution is preferrable to a peaceful solution is in my opinion a fool. From what (admittedly little) I know about ALF they are more or less a bunch of terrorists and fools. If I learn of some reasonable and responsible ALFs my opinion will change.

I wasn't aware of that. I would be interested in reading the story if you have a link. Of course, I do think that whatever the situation was a violence and vandalism free solution was possible, albeit more difficult as peace always is.

A pleasure as always Dok,
    ~APE~

10. DoktorAtomik

That was never in dispute. But the implication from your tone is that 'criminal' equates with 'immoral', which is not necessarily the case.

Now that's much more reasonable! We're in agreement on that point.

If you're including governments in this statement, then we're in agreement again! If you differentiate between the violent actions of a state and the violent actions of other political groups, then we're not.

Of course things are probably a lot different in the UK to the US, but over here (where the ALF originated), they did a lot of good work for animal rights - and most of it non-violent. I still don't like the use of the word 'terrorist' though, because although technically it may be correct in certain instances, it's become pretty much a term of derision in the recent vernacular.

Can't help you with the link. My knowledge comes from the direct experience of living through those times and watching the fur industry fold. While I think there's a fair argument to be made for pacifism, I really have no problem with vandalism against property. After all, where creatures are being tortured to death (in the instance of animal labs), it would seem a uniquely inhumane approach to argue that their lives are worth less than property.

11. DoktorAtomik

Shit dude, don't say that! We'll get accused of being in league again....... *looks around nervously for kayatree*

12. jesuswasamonkey

Haha!

Someone just gave me rep in this thread with the comment "a twiddling baboon"

Why am I a twiddling baboon?

Because I'm a strong believer in nonviolence?

Because of my opinions on ALF?

Because I do my own thinking and don't just spew the rhetoric I like the most?

The world may never know...

-------

Lol, sorry to go off subject there, I just found it funny. I think this reputation system is silly, especially with the "anonymous insult" feature.
    ------------

Dok, I hear what you're saying, but I still think that the best way to acheive our goals is through peoples hearts and not through force.

Incedentaly, the two are mutually exclusive. If animal rights activist A decides to go and do something that will be seen as an "attack" by John Q Public, animal rights activist B will have much more difficulty reaching out to John Q Public for peaceful change.

And of course, a peaceful solution is possible and always preferable in any situation.