there's a nasty cold going around

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by nimh, Sep 20, 2006.

1. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

kids are back in school, incubating illness. everybody i know is sick. i came down with it this morning (raging sore throat, drippy nose, feeling crappy thru my whole body) so.... i made myself some nice strong traditional medicinals breathe easy tea and took a handful of vite c, a capsule of cayenne pepper and a multi-B stress tab. a couple of hours later i took a couple more vite c's. i feel totally fine now~my nose is clear, my throat feels normal. i'll keep taking vite c throughout the day to keep my immune system bolstered, and i'll throw a stick of astragalus into my next tea just in case, but i must say that i'm feeling pretty darn good right now. nobody likes being sick.

:)

2. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Sometimes being ill can be time to make another evaluation of your life so far and possibly make some reconsiderations.

3. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

true enough. that was actually a thought i had this morning...i thought to myself, self: today i can choose to be healthy, or i can take a sick day and have some downtime. so i decided to be healthy and have the downtime anyways. i went and did some stuff just for me. so it all worked out.

4. sylvanlightning

sylvanlightning Prismatic Essence

Great signature... :)

One synergy kombucha drink took care of it for me,
    i love the gingerberry.... and drank a second because it tastes tingly.
    It is such a nice feeling to work at whole foods market,
    the energy is clean, the employees are respected and the products are excellent;
    going home each night, without regrets, is priceless.

http://gtskombucha.com/