There IS so much more !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Idaho, May 27, 2004.

1. Idaho

Idaho Member

How can I explain to you how much there is after this life without promising you something I can't deliver ?

all i know is... I AM STUPID for not letting go and allowing my mind to 'break on through' to the other side.
    because I DO believe in God
    and the rest of the millions of possibilities that are around Us each and every day of our lives.
    my only problem is that I believe that YOU,, "the people" are God...
    well i know that your God to me.

anyway.

2. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

Trust me... Ive seen inside myself and I am definately not your God, a God or anyones God.

3. Smudge

Smudge Member

being your own 'god' is simply worshipping 'self'- selfishness.

Let's not dress it up in pretty terms.

4. NightOwl1331

NightOwl1331 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

How did you arrive that that belief?

5. -GOD-

-GOD- Banned

Only I can create a tree as Sgt Joyce Kilmer once wrote.

If you love me, heaven's door will be open for you.

I would also appreciate if you could send me a few checks too.

6. SvgGrdnBeauty

SvgGrdnBeauty only connect

It is possible that the people could be God...because according to Christian beliefs (or at least Catholic) we recieve the Holy Spirit of God upon ourselves...so technically God lives within us all...that's why we're all supposed to love one another...because its like loving God...
    ...if that was what you're talking about

7. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I don't think it's stupid in believing in God....

Believing in something doesn't need to be justified, just believe.

8. Portalguy

Portalguy Member

Dude, I am not God. Trust me. I do believe God lives in all of us. But, trust me...That does not make me God. You can ask my Mom.

9. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

What's with all the old posts being resurrected?

10. prismatism

prismatism loves you

sorry if this topic is old, but this is interesting.

personally, i'm with the kid who posted first. you are god. i am god. we are the children of god, as much as jesus was. we are the only way to god, we have every bit of his attention and affection, we have every bit of his ability, we are everything that jesus was because jesus was a reflection of us just as we are a reflection of god. did jesus ever say no other person could be as special as him? he told us we are ALL as special as him. there is NOTHING as special as me. and there is nothing as special as a tiny ant carrying a bread crumb, or a cloud seperating and showing the sun, or a rock at the very bottom of the ocean. a common attitude is "there is no god so there is nothing, it's all meaningless and pointless and there is no hope". but if god is EVERYTHING, there is nothing but love and unrealized potential in every single thing you can think of. including yourself. just believe it. that's where faith comes in :).