There is no such thing as a psychic or prophet

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by Sign Related, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Sign Related

Sign Related The Don Killuminati

What makes you think there is a such thing?

The only thing real is astral projection. You so called psychics and prophets cant fool me with your astral projection. All that's going on is you communicating with other astral projectors taking part in trying to make some fool believe in supernatual powers.

If you can read me I'm sure you're just communicating with some other astral projector that's been keeping their mind's eye on me.

Tell me I aint telling the truth.

2. Maryslittlebrat

Maryslittlebrat Member

LOL :)
    Not everyone with abilities abuses them or even uses them in many cases b/c they aren't all that important over all, it's like a bi product
    They can be very distracting if you get too caught up in it and you loose your' path' so to speak
    peace :)

3. zengizmo

zengizmo Ignorant Slut HipForums Supporter

LOL also.

Yes, I've been where you are. There are so many other places to be--my advice is: Don't settle on one worldview without considering other possibilities. Some days, years ago, I used to flash through two or three worldviews within a single hour. Don't get stuck in a rut. Consider all possibilities. Continually check your hypotheses against your experiences, and never take anything for granted, including your own certainties.

Love and peace.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

to assume that any one thing is the only thing, no this is not a perspective supported by what can be observed, even materialy.

as for persons being choosen, generaly by mutual consent, to 'channel' some sentient energy outside of themselves, by that sentient energy, well, that is merely one of a very wide range of possibilities that could exist or come to.

i believe the thing that needs to be understood here, is that not everything that is nontangable is neccessarily any less fallable then ourselves, simply by the happenstance of not having tangable manifestation in our tangable fraime of reference.

nor does being nontangable, in and of itself, neccessarily imply "super natural powers".

i believe we are all capable, and many of us very well may, have little nontangable friends just as we may have friends, associates, and even pets, in our mundane tangable world.

but as for the origeonal contention, that even should such nontangable beings accompany us, we are not somehow made any less fallable by their doing so, with this i would have to aggree.

not for the reasons the op put forth, but simply and more to the point, that nothing in my experience infallable, has ever walked the face of this earth on two or any other number of tangable leggs, nor any other tangable world, nor is ever likely to.

=^^=
    .../\...

5. sexbanshee

sexbanshee Member

Anything is possible...

if you....

open your mind...

6. Rathor

Rathor Member

...and your heart....

7. sexbanshee

sexbanshee Member

"what makes you think there is such a thing"?

E x p e r i e n c e

and

an open mind
    and heart :)

8. sisle

sisle Member

I just came from the Ghost area and saw this thread. As far as psychics go, I wanted to believe. I have personally been to dozens of psychics. Not one has ever been even close to the broad side of a barn. The question anyone who thinks that psychics are real should ask themselves this. If psychic phenomenon is real, then why has no psychic ever been willing to prove it? I know that James Randi's challenge is a joke, but there is one on www.thefinalchallenge.com that has been offering double what he is and no one has tried. Actions speak louder than words as far as I'm concerned.

9. steffan

steffan puffin

those people who make offers like that never pay up, all they have to do is claim the subject is cheating. and anyway the majority of people who have the ability to prove it generaly keep it to themselves, and if you think about it you realy can't blame them.

P.S. go with blue

10. sisle

sisle Member

I see your point, however, if you read the interview it says:

(There were many excuses given by many Psychics as to why. I wanted to make sure that no one had an excuse for not participating in mine. The first and foremost issue was how determination of the winner was made. This usually involved some panel of judges hand picked by and in many cases including the sponsor of the challenge. This effectively stacked the deck against any takers. They had to agree that a successful ’result’ would be determined solely by the ‘judges’. Even if they passed the test, the panel could still claim they hadn’t exhibited Psychic abilities to their satisfaction.)

Also:
    (The participant themselves will determine whether they passed or not. It will be self evident and I will not be able to dispute them. Second, I have transferred the money to a third party that is in no way connected to the Challenge. When the winner comes to collect the money I will not be able to stop them. Third, the prize will be paid out in one lump sum, in cash and tax free.)

That's why I mentioned the James Randi thing. As you can see, there is no way for someone to withold the prize by claiming the subject 'cheated'.

11. sexbanshee

sexbanshee Member

A psychic told me in my early 20s I
    would almost die from a cut to my
    stomach...

I tried to put it out of my mind....

Twenty years later I almost lost my
    life through a c/section.....I had a NDE
    but just about pulled through....

She also told me I would marry three
    times....move away to a different
    country and lots more

All of this came true!!

I have never been told anything
    by a psychic that wasnt true.....

But then again I am very very
    in tune with the spirit world myself!

12. Four Winds

Four Winds Member

A psychic told a girl I graduated high school with that she would fall asleep at the wheel of a car- and she told her "dont swerve."

A couple months later, the girl was driving home late at night, drifted into sleep, and as she woke back up, she saw a deer and swerved to avoid it into the oncoming lane. There was an 18 wheeler in the other lane that hit her car and killed her. (RIP B.A.P)

So, to answer your question- that is what makes me so sure psychics exist. I have been told things about myself that nobody could have possibly known.

I live in Buffalo, NY. A short drive from the spiritualist communities Cassadaga and Lilydale. I agree many psychics/readers are fradulent- but some are legit, and from personal experience, I am 100% certain of that.

13. sexbanshee

sexbanshee Member

I was also told by a healer and a psychic
    (two separate people) that there was a
    young man waiting for me who would
    knock me off my feet...one of them said
    he was extremely sexy.

Sure enough I met someone on line and
    as soon as I saw his user name it was as
    though someone had hit me in the stomach.

We have been connected for over 18 months
    and he is by far one of the most influential
    people in my life.....

And also the one that brings me the most
    heartache :(

14. zengizmo

sisle, I don't think you're getting the point. James Randi is creating a simple-minded straw dog fantasy image of what he believes a psychic should be like, and then he's saying if you're not like that, you're not really a psychic.

The people I know with amazingly profound abilities who could pass James Randi's test just laugh at him. They don't give a crap about proving their abilities. When you reach that point in your spiritual development, motivations like Randi's are light years removed from relevant concerns. James Randi really just doesn't have a clue, and nobody is going to play his silly ego-centric game. The universe is much more complex than people like him would like us to believe. And someday, in some incarnation, the soul of James Randi will need to deal with the karmic consequences of his earth-bound legacy.

15. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Can't you just picture the expression on his face, as he looks down upon the vacant shell that was his prison, as his spirit floats away towards ascendancy.

Hotwater

16. zengizmo

I just hope his trip will be as much fun as mine has been, Hotwater. ;) I wonder how I earned this karma...

17. LJDV

LJDV Member

I'm psychic, but I don't do readings or anything like that, and I never will. I just know when things are going to happen. And no, not like big events in the world or the lottery numbers. I just get feelings sometimes and I know that something is going to happen that I couldn't know in any other way.

18. andallthatstocome

andallthatstocome not a squid

you know what makes me sure? because I see shit that hasn't happened yet in my dreams. I write it all down, then a week later or so it happens.

19. Four Winds

Four Winds Member

Whats gonna happen tomorrow?

20. zengizmo

The sun is going to rise. Okay, fine--the earth is going to continue rotating until the sun's light illuminates the part of the world that was previously in darkness.

You may quote me on this. And don't forget to notify The Amazing Randi.