There is a fine line between...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by zeppelin kid, Jun 20, 2006.

1. zeppelin kid

zeppelin kid Member

Learning and studying about conspiracies but you can go down a deep dark hole if you get obcessed with it. I am realizing that now because I really want to read all of these great books but I can see myself becoming one of those people who are completely obcessed with it and ruin their lives because of it.

A lot of people on the politics and other governmental forums in my opinion are going into the deep dark hole of conspiracies. You still have to live your life and not be so paranoid sometimes. Theres no problem with questioning and learning about the travesties and lies our governments have been feeding us but you can cross that line where you are no longer living life but questioning life. And that can be a dangerous path.

I am trying to even out the two.

2. Angel_Headed_Hipster

Angel_Headed_Hipster Senior Member

Good Post Man, if you are into conspiracies good, but atleast go out on friday and saturday and have a few drinks and a good time, if you died tomorrow not only would you have wasted your time, but the "conspiracy" hasn't even been found out and you'll never get to see it exposed, and you would have wasted all your time.

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

The funny thing is, you rarely hear people criticising those obsessed with sports, watching TV, going to clubs every night, and doing everything else they've been conditioned to do like good followers. As people have been conditioned to embrace things of little or no meaning, those who talk about conspiracies are laughed at and ridiculed because they have been conditioned to.

It's good not to tell people how to live their lives, as people have the right to not have to think if that's their choice. Not everyone likes the same things. Not everyone likes going to parties and getting drunk every weekend, either. Just because a person doesn't live or think according to society's standards (YOUR standards), doesn't mean they're obsessed and live ruined lives because they have a different train of thought and are interested in different things. Not everyone considers a "good time" what you consider it to be. You have to grow up and experience the world outside of your tiny shell before you can understand that not everyone thinks like you and shares the same interests as you.

It doesn't mean a person is paranoid if they study history and the facts. If you knew what paranoia is, you would know that it's fear without logic or reason. Well, this would describe people who believe that Arab bogeymen are out to attack them, simply because it's what the media told them.

I consider myself to be less fearful and less paranoid than most of the public, because at least I know what's coming. Meanwhile, people are fearfully looking around every corner for evil doers with headscarfs, while attacking me for questioning things instead of simply swallowing every lie told and "towing the line," as the masons would say.

4. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

...success and failure

Just look at what Alan Shearer has won in his football career compared to Roy Keane and Ryan Giggs!!!

One Premiership medal with Blackburn Rovers in 1995!!!

5. zeppelin kid

zeppelin kid Member

There was no need for that much of an input considering I never said that going out on the weekends and getting hammered is the norm. But like I said before you no longer are living life but questioning it. Which has more of a downside than an upside. That was all I was saying.