there ARE worse things, then offending ...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by themnax, Apr 6, 2007.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there ARE worse things, then offending 'christians', moslems, capitolists, marxists, or anything else-ists.

and destroying the very web of life, without which christians, moslems, capitolists, marxists, or anyone else, whatever their inclinations or affiliations, WOULD NOT EXIST, is one of them.

=^^=
    .../\...

2. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I've no idea what you mean.... your wording is weird.

And why is Christians the only thing in quotations? A little odd.... or typo?

I've never understood why we don't have a 'live and let live' policy when it comes to things like religion... everyone has their own spirituality, their own beliefs.... which religion you practice has not hurt anyone...

3. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

There are far worse things to waste time and emotion on, since destroying their web of life is just as bad as their imposing their beliefs upon you. BTW, 'moslems' is an outdated, and incorrect, spelling of the name 'muslims' :)

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

yes religeons themselves, in and of themselves, don't exactly or directly "hurt anyone", BUT ...

the NOT THINKING many, especialy, but certainly by no means limited to, western monotheism, encourage

does

not just hurt a few

but is, if anything, one of the driving forces, along with monetary economics and its self imposed devorcement from natural realities and nonmonetary dependencies, being the other,

that is bringing about the conscousless, thoughtless overstressing and very probable colapse, of the very web of life all existence depends upon,

as well as most if not all, of the conditions which are at the root
    of all human suffering.

(the christianity being in quotes thing is that popular peceptions, which are more of what is practiced and even preached, my not entirely coincide with what, in its origeonal meaning, even THAT dispensation neccessarily had in mind)

=^^=
    .../\...

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

yes, actualy the proper name of that belief is "islam". what i am refering here to however, are popular peceptions, and thus the use of 'careless' spellings and even namings.

=^^=
    .../\...

6. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

Islam is the religion following the Quar'an, the 'direct' word of God as spoken through Mohammed and written down by others, because Mohammed could not read nor write. Muslims are the people who do the following. I would no, my family is Muslim. And if you havent figured it out yet, this is Relayer ;)

7. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

i think that themnax is very good at using big words and paraphrasing them in such a manner to sound smarter than the point that's being made.

and in regards to the comment of preconceived notions of christianity ~ with every religion, not just limited to Christian beliefs ~ everyone takes what they want from the spiritual practices that they were raised with.

Despite how much a belief system tries to stick to their roots, there are evolutions and changes that come with every generation.

8. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i just wish more people would, every now and again, live and let live without freaking the fuck out over what other people have to do (if it's harmless) to get by with some modicum of enjoyment.