TheFly Surfs...

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by TheFly, May 24, 2004.

1. TheFly

TheFly Member

Yes...

It is true...

After living in Newquay (the "surf capital of the uk") for about 8 years, I finally went in the water and tried my hand at surfing...

And I was shit...

Let me explain...

A good friend of mine has his stag weekend on Sat/Sun... so... seeing as we live down here, we decided to go for a surf lesson...

I thought I looked quite cool in a wetsuit... well, I've always had a sneaky fondness for rubber...

Now... I've never been one to think that surfing must be easy... I know the hours that many kids put into it... so I knew that it would be a challenge to stand up in little over an hour... what I didn't expect was exactly how difficult it would be just to lie on the fucking surfboard as waves are fucking tossing you about... my sense of balance must be completely screwed...

ah well...

Had a great time... so I might give it another go during the summer hols...

Then we went and got pissed... dressed as teddy bears...

And people think that teachers are dull...

Fly...

2. Ellie-Rose

Ellie-Rose Le Muppet

Hahahha!! Sounds like fun!

I went wind surfing once.. pooed my pants as I ended up going out really far :eek:

3. chickabean

chickabean Senior Member

cool! i used to surf when i lived in cornwall but stopped after a very scary body slicing expereience on the reef at little fistral! ouchy... i then resided to the beach to become the mandatory video cam holder :) much safer and drier

love luch x

4. random_spontaneosity

random_spontaneosity Member

hehe, cool.

you know, some teachers are dull. but clearly your not one of them. and funnily neough neithers my teacher who comes from cornwall. there must be something about the cornish air....

5. xZx

xZx Member

How come i never had cool teachers at school? the best we could manage was a manic depressive alcaholic devorced maths teacher who took the fact she was a twentyfive stone burger addict out on kids! .... not that im bitter or anything...

6. TheFly

TheFly Member

:cool: Cool?... nah... cold?... yeah, it was a bit...

Looking into some bodyboarding lessons... well... thinking about looking into some bodyboarding lessons...

Wow... what with doing the zip wire down Lusty Glaze, I'm slowly turning into an adrenaline junkie... FlyXTreme...

Fly...