'The World Without Us'

Discussion in 'Non-Fiction Books' started by Mauve_Turtle, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Mauve_Turtle

Mauve_Turtle Guest

I'm going to start with saying that I'm not much of a reader. I have plenty of books that I do like to read, I just never seem to be able to finish one. What usually happens is that I start a book like 'In Search of Time' and before I'm finished something in it sparks my interest in a similar topic which sends me to 'The Clockwork Universe'. 'The Elegant Universe' led me to 'Schrödinger’s Kitten' which led me to 'The Fabric of the Cosmos'. Its a never ending cycle!

Until I stumbled upon 'The World Without Us' http://www.worldwithoutus.com/index2.html

This book is a great read. It is amazingly mind-blowing to read about certain changes that would happen without us, both good and bad. Its also very saddening to read about how big of a mark we have made and will leave behind.

I highly recommend this book to anyone!

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I bought this and havn't gotten to it yet. Thanks for reminding me to get to it.

3. Mauve_Turtle

Mauve_Turtle Guest

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

4. VioletJourney

VioletJourney Member

Wow... Sounds like a great read. Let me guess... without us, the world thrives