The way men's jeans fit around the ankles these days

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by Idle_Billy, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Idle_Billy

Idle_Billy Banned

I came across a nice pair of slim fit jeans recently. I tried them on and thought they fit lovely. However when I put on my shoes, I really like them. The problem is that I'm a tall skinny guy, and I have this perception that they would make me look skinnier than what I do ordinarily... which mightn't even be true. The other thing, is that my feet are a bit bigger than average, so given that they'd be so tight around the ankles, such jeans might make me look like I skinny with big feet.

What I would like is a pair of slims that would just get a tiny bit wider by the ankle, to sort of cover the shoe. As anyone ever had this thought?

I've attached two photos to explain the way I feel. With the physique of the guy in the first photo, he can really pull off the skinny jeans. The interesting thing about the second photo is that it looks good from in front, but when you look at it from behind, at the bottom, it looks a bit gammy. Right?

Thank you

leg sho.jpg
    leg shoe.jpg

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Mine bunch up around my shoes. It comes with the territory I guess. If they fit great, and you like them, I say go for it. You can buy shoes for them! :)

3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Both examples show pants that are too long.

4. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

I agree that in the second set of pictures, the pants are too long. But the main contrast between the two pictures (or sets of pictures) is that in the top one the pants are well worn and the fabric is soft, but the others look new so the material is still stiff. That makes it bulge out around the ankles in a way that doesn't look very good. That guy's pants will look better when they've been washed a few times.

5. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

I agree that in the second set of pictures, the pants are too long. But the main contrast between the two pictures (or sets of pictures) is that in the top one the pants are well worn and the fabric is soft, but the others look new so the material is still stiff. That makes it bulge out around the ankles in a way that doesn't look very good. That guy's pants will look better when they've been washed a few times.

Thanks and congratulations for finding something for men to think about that isn't just about sex!

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i think it looks way better to have pants bunch up around the ankle a bit than to sit down and have your pants stop halfway down your shin.

well, the reason men have any interest in what they look like is so that they can potentially have sex.

Idle_Billy, ZenKarma and Eric! like this.
  7. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Too long is better than too short

mastrb8tr69 likes this.
  8. Aerianne

Well if you don't like the way they bunch around the ankles you don't get them too long.

9. Eric!

Those look fine to me

10. OrleansWordsmith

OrleansWordsmith Moderate anarchist

Pants should "break" over the shoe. You can tell your pants are too long if you can't make it through a minimalist puddle of water without the pants getting wet. The dark blue jeans are an inch or two too long. You're right about the too long, too short issue. Unless you're making some kind of fashion statement... "the new shorter jeans, per se," your skin and socks shouldn't be seen unless you're wearing shorts of some kind. If you've got the money and have no sewing skills, buy some good slacks at a store that does alterations. Whatever your slacks length is should be the same for jeans. (your leg length doesn't change!, but "waist" to ankle length may in low cut vs. regular cut slacks) But always wash jeans before you alter them (if they're like the dark blues above) as they'll shrink about 10%. A few styles of skinny jeans are ultra short, hit the wearer at the ankle, have no drape or "break." So socks or skin shows. It's partially the cut of the jeans (regular, skinny, other), style of a particular pair and what length you prefer.

11. Eric!

image.gif

Meliai and ZenKarma like this.
  12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

first world problems

pensfan13, storch and ZenKarma like this.
  13. Idle_Billy

Idle_Billy Banned

I don't think the first one is too long. It seems just right. I like a little bit of bunching up.

14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

They're both too long for skinny jeans. The upper one would be ok in length if it would be wider at the bottom (nothing wrong with too long pants that fall in the right way over your shoes). But for skinny jeans such a length just sucks.. unless you're a barefooter.

Aerianne likes this.
  15. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I prefer this look.

[​IMG]

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  16. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

^^^... :D

Cheers Glen.

17. Asmodean

I used to as well. I still dig flares but slightly smaller than in the pic. But yeah, I love jeans normal or tight in the thigh part and looser/wider at the bottom too (flares or not). The colours aren't my thing on the jeans in the pic though. Would not buy for that reason alone :p

18. Aerianne

Last time I wore pants that wide, I got my feet tangled up, fell down some stairs, and twisted both my ankles.

Never again.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  19. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

they look fine to me.

but i have trouble finding jeans that fit me well
    i like h&m

20. Asmodean

I like H&M for jogging sweaters or socks. I also recall getting cheap carduroy pants there several times. Never would go there for quality jeans!