the war on drugs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hippie McRaver, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Hippie McRaver

Hippie McRaver Senior Member

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

It's not going to happen as long as the government continues to ship the drugs into the country (the overwhelming majority of hard drugs that is -- ie. cocaine and heroin). No, this is not a conspiracy theory and is well-kown to those who are somewhat informed. Read former San Jose Mercury News journalist Gary Webb's book, Dark Alliance.

Gary Webb -Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Webb

Gary Webb on C.I.A. Trafficking of Cocaine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6dHqP9wc3k

Drugs are a huge business in this country. The government makes money selling the drugs and getting people hooked. Then once people are arrested and thrown in prison, they become wards of the prison-industrial complex and the prison economy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison-industrial_complex

3. Hippie McRaver

Hippie McRaver Senior Member

I originally stated that the previous post forgot to mention contra, but then I read the links and it was contra...

my bad ::EDIT::

4. Fyrenza

Fyrenza Queen of the Ians

So, THAT's what it is!

i always wondered why the gov didn't just legalize it all, and then sell it to us... :confused:

Thanx, Rat! ;)

5. zihger

zihger Senior Member

Drugs are probably the number one source of funding for small wars and armies, Colombia, Central America (cocaine), Asia and the Middle East (Opium/Heroin).

They make money importing it a selling it at high prices due to it illegal status and then they fund domestic armies (like the DEA) with tax money to wage “War” against it once it funnels down to the street level.

They also use it as an excuse to fund right wing armies in other countries like Colombia and Mexico, Which in turn produce and export more drugs.

It is a Multi Billion dollar business that would be worth pennies on the dollar if drugs were legalized.

6. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

War racketeering is such fun!

7. White_Horse_Mescalito

White_Horse_Mescalito ""

Think of the money that the drug companies would lose if they legalized MJ.

Not to mention the money the alcohol industry would lose.

Also the courts love to pad their dockets