the vines

Discussion in 'Music' started by alice_d_millionaire, Aug 19, 2005.

1. alice_d_millionaire

alice_d_millionaire Just Do It©

what happened to the vines? did they just fucking disappear or what!? one of the few new bands that i liked... anyway, if any of yous guys know, please tell me. dont riff on me too hard either, we all have our guilty pleasures :p

2. KasabianRulesMan!

KasabianRulesMan! Member

It's strange that nobody xpt me answer u . It's one of the main band of the new wave of rock n roll bands since 2002. With Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Music, Interpol, The Strokes, Jet , The Bees, Kasabian, The Killers, The Hives etc... The Vines are easily in the top 10 commercially and artistically...

I like them because they are quite psychédelic... they play psychédelic pop with grunge sometimes... strange mix but it works.

Recently the singer Craig Nicholls was becoming mad (really it's not a joke) after a too long Tour (he has a psychologic syndrom called Asperger syndrom) and a lot of rumours were circulating in the rock press about their split...

But Now good news the label in the beg. of the year choose to make let them only record albums and The Band will not play live or will play only a few dates after every album. But normal or big tour is really over for them.
    It's simple they will probably split if they tour too much ... and the record company don't want to take the risk... they like better a band who sold 2 million albums whitout touring than a split ...

The Craig Nicholls is a lot better now and the band is actually recording the new album and this new record is expected for early 2006 ! ...exactly 2 years after their "winning days" LP.

3. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

thats crazy, I recently found Winning Days at the library. i think they sound like Nirvana on acid.. loved the album except for that song "Ride"

4. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

holy hell, Winning Days was released last year? It sounded like something straight out of 1992...

5. dedhead95

dedhead95 The Wizard of Rhythm

crazy australians...(arent they australian??)

6. corduroy

corduroy Member

They were pretty sweet. One of the few recent bands that I enjoy.... I believe I recently saw a video of theirs.... What's asperger syndrome?

7. UnspokenThings

UnspokenThings Member

bands these days seem to be the biggest in the world for a short time and then they fade away and the next hype comes along.

i mean Jet have been ages without an album...

8. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

the vines are pretty good, i think. i own their first album, but the only thing i've heard from the new(est) album was "Ride" and that song can suck my balls.

9. KasabianRulesMan!

KasabianRulesMan! Member

If you want to know what it's Asperger Syndrome you can find an explanation here :

www.nme.com/news/110590.htm

10. KasabianRulesMan!

KasabianRulesMan! Member

Yeah The Vines are australian and in fact "Ride" it's in fact one of the less good song of their good second album , but my fave album still their first.