The US respects the spirit of the Geneva convention ?

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by soliloquy, Jan 18, 2005.

1. soliloquy

soliloquy Banned

You either respect the convention or you don't, Selecting which mandates you like and rejecting the one you don't, is tantamount to rejecting the convention completely , surly ? Are we, as citizens of our own respective countries allowed to interpret our laws in this fashion ? I think not !

2. soliloquy

soliloquy Banned

Whilst driving to work the other day , I was stopped for speeding . I was given a stern lecture by a cop of about twelve years old, followed by a 80€ fine ! I decided to try out my theory, I pointed out that I agreed with the spirit of the speeding law, but felt it should not apply to me . he asked why that was ? I couldn't think of one good reason why a law should count for everyone else except me ! so I paid the fine and went on my way , Has the US come up with a valid reason for disregarding certain aspects of the Geneva convention, that I am unaware of , if so can any one enlighten me ?.