The US military is dropping so many bombs that they are running out of bombs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by fraggle_rock, Jun 22, 2018.

1. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

Against us?
    Really?

I have never been personally attacked by whoever it is you're talking about, and if I was, then it would probably be because of all the bombing.

Did you even read the part that says the military doesn't actually care who they are bombing, and that the sole criteria they have for deeming someone an 'enemy combatant' is that they were bombed?

eggsprog likes this.
  2. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

And he would announce ahead of time to the enemy when he would. It was a BRILLIANT strategy.

3. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

And nobody is dropping these bombs in your country. Your fellow Americans......correction......Americans volunteering their lives to the militray are being subjected to deaths by IEDs. Yeah I'd rather we vaporize them before they vaporize our troops.

4. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

It seems to me that the best way to avoid death by IED is to hop on a plane and head home.

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Meanwhile America's infrastructure is crumbling, neither the Trump administration nor Congress seem remotely concerned with fixing our healthcare system, our education system is underfunded and mediocre, there are still people without access to clean drinking water....but we can always dig a little deeper and find money in the budget for what is already the biggest military budget in the world. There's always money for that

If we dont destabilize the middle east and create chaos and power vacuums in the region then who will? 'murca

tumbling.dice and Tyrsonswood like this.
  6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

author used to write comedy stories for the onion

''nuff said

7. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

We'll see what the tally is at the end of the year. Maybe more.

8. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Justification for more defense spending.

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

should be a lot less after they stop those stupid war games exercises with south korea

10. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i see no mention of the war games exercises in that article

12. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Like Trump has stated. With the money being wasted in the Middle East, he could have rebuilt our infrastructure twice.

I totally agree

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Ok? Who cares what he says when his actions say the exact opposite. He enlarged the military budget and expanded the US's military presence in the Middle East. Why should I care what he says when its so obviously complete bullshit

What has he done for America's infrastructure, where is the infrastructure bill?

Eric! likes this.
  14. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

We can't afford it. He is trying to make a sensible exit out if the ME. Unlike Obama who left the power vacuum behind. Trump has already said he wants to stop the Korean War games that are expensive, and end the fortunes in foreign aide to countries that offer nothing in return.

I do wish he'd finish what he started in those.

Of course then he can expect Dem support when he accomplishes those?

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Hmm Trump has escalated our presence in the Middle East but you think he is trying to scale back our presence? Interesting.

Also Trump expanded the already bloated military budget. It was already bloated due to previous administrations but he made the choice to expand it even more. You can hardly blame his choice on Obama.

We can afford to improve our infrastructure, we cant afford not to as a matter of fact, but the government has made clear the military takes priority over everything else

Dont get me wrong, I think US foreign policy is pretty standard. No matter who the president is, we will always throw money at the military and the military's mission will always be to destabalize the Middle East. But to claim Trump is planning a sensible exit when he has actually increased our presence is pretty laughable

16. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

OMG you're amazing. The military had been GUTTED by Obama. He wanted us to play a piano by tying our hands behind our back and using our nose to play a tune.

I haven't kept up on how much Trump is building up our troops in the ME. I would look at what source you gain that insight from. I know that he accelerated the defeat of ISIS in his first year of office. I know he didn't want to engage in Syria. I do know that you can't do an Obama and just say....OK go home, leave our weapons and resources behind and jump on a plane. Sometimes to complete a task right, you need to spend some more resources to do so. So it may exist that there is an actual build up, but I'd expect it to be pretty short term to finish what we need to.

Aside from that YES finally we have a president who is treating our military with respect. I happen to be a vet. My level of care has increased DRAMATICALLY since Trump took office. Obama was a feckless c**t when it came to how he viewed the importance of our military.

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Short term to finish lol

The US will still be there in 20 years

Anyways i looked up the military budget by administration and it looks like under Obama the budget increased some years and decreased others. Good, we need to decrease military spending. We still had the largest military in the world even in the years it decreased so to claim he gutted it is a little dramatic

The VA of course is a seperate budget from the defense budget and i'm always happy to hear veterans are getting the care they deserve

I am pretty amazing, thank you ;)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    MeAgain likes this.
  18. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

You only think you're amazing.

US Government Defense Spending History with Charts - a www.usgovernmentspending.com briefing

Obama says VA budget has risen 85 percent on his watch

I had to send my nephew safety gear, personal items, and healthcare items because the budget didn't allow for these items.

He suffered PTSD from having to cut a 6 year old boy in half with a .50 machine gun to stop him from detonating a bomb meant to blow up his vehicle. This 6 year old was intentionally used as a weapon by the enemy. Because they knew we were expressly forbidden to treat them as an enemy combatant.

He had a 6 year old boy at home who he didn't get to see for 18 months because they didn't have budget for more troops and couldn't afford to have any holes in personnel on the front lines. He was denied mental health help upon his return home.

Trump took office. He reapplied and was granted PTSD status and follow on healthcare.

Mulitply this by oh I don't know say 10,000 times and you get a better picture of where the money wasn't going during the Obama years.

I worked for 4 president's in my career. If we could have figured out how to spit on Clinton's face and not go to jail, we would have.

Mamluke13 likes this.
  19. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

You can't have a presence in a country that you have bombed out of existence!
    DUH.

Meliai likes this.
  20. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Remember when Obama and Hilary were war mongers and Trump was all about scaling back our foreign policy and putting "America first?"

Trump's right about one thing: he does appeal to the uneducated.

Tyrsonswood likes this.