The Ukraine Crisis Part 1 The initial Battles

Discussion in 'History' started by Captain Scarlet, Feb 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

TBH its nothing different that what the Ukraine's have . They have an international Legion . It was called the Georgia National Legion originally . Some of the Officers and trainers were former US Marines .

hotwater likes this.
  2. Captain Scarlet

Yes with F16s a which the Polish already have a fleet of multi role types .

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

KPMG, PwC, & EY are leaving Russia and I'm in a vacuum. I'm scared because legal realm in Russia is also vacuum... What if I'm framed, imprisoned, and vanquished for life for something I did not do? Well, I haven't offended anyone in power (that I know of...)

Sadly, I must consider going to be an accountant there.

Ex-Big 4 Partner On Why the Big 4 Firms Should Pull Out of Russia: 'It's the Right Thing to Do and You Know It' - Going Concern
    KPMG, PwC and EY to cut off businesses in Russia and Belarus | Accountancy | The Guardian
    Deloitte considers Russia pull out as pressure grows on western firms to exit - Financial News (fnlondon.com)

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  4. Captain Scarlet

As do the Russians . India has taken delivery of over 1600 T90 tanks ,which is more than Russia has ! Syria has been using Soviet and Now Russian equipment for years .The T90 tank is also used by Syria .

The Military Arms industry is big business for many countries .

A Syrian T90 ,one of a batch of 30

[​IMG]

An Indian T90
    [​IMG]

Todd56 likes this.
  5. Ralfee

Ralfee Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It is very clear to me that Russia is using every threat it can, to keep help from getting to Ukraine, including the THREAT OF:
    WWW3, cyberwar, nuclear weapon use, letting the nuke power plants to have a melt down,, cut the flow of oil, etc ....
    and it is working.
    Who in the West has the smarts and the "Balls" to stand up against the evil bully. Certainly NOT Biden.

I say that we ARE NOW ALREADY IN WW3, wake up world, Iran, China and Russian are focused on DOMINATING the world

Todd56 and Captain Scarlet like this.
  6. NookaTheNook

NookaTheNook Members

7. Captain Scarlet

I couldn't agree with that more .

I dont like war like anyone else but as Putin already has stated that sanctions are an act of war then the West is technically at War .
    So what is stopping the No Flight Zone being established that would prevent air attacks on Ukrainian cities and save many civilian lives . It is at the top of the wish list for Ukraine.

Putin has over 60% of his total regular ground forces tied up in Ukraine . The West needs to start taking advantage of this and place the war on their terms and not Putins. Putin despite struggling is getting everything his own way . This needs to stop .

It really does smack of a repeat of the 1930s just prior to the start of WW2 .When the world just stopped and watched Germany annex Austria, walk into Czechoslovakia and invade Poland along with Ironically the USSR .

Todd56 likes this.
  8. Interesting that the previous World Wars started in this general area. I have a book entited History of the World War. It was handed down from Grandparents. It was written just after World War 1. The preface speaks to how the book is written to fully document all the events leading up to the war, and during the war, as to insure another war of this magnitude will never occur again. And then 20 years later ...

9. Captain Scarlet

Exactly its just like a mirror image .World wars don't start over night ,it usually involves a sequence of events .

Todd56 likes this.
  10. Ralfee

Ralfee Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We need ACTION NOW!!!!
    the West needs to funnel HUGE amounts of weapons into Ukraine NOW to help the Ukes fight back,
    This is not the time to do the "deer in the headlights" thing and just watch this horror continue to unfold.
    Get those polish fighter jets to action.

11. Captain Scarlet

Putin I guess .

Its just not tight enough yet :)

Todd56 likes this.
  12. oldguynurse

oldguynurse Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hate to play devil's advocate here, but a cornered, wounded animal like Putin could become is the most dangerous.

One thing I don't understand yet, is why that stalled convoy hasn't been 'sniped' at with Javelins over 5-6 days? There are wooded areas for cover around it. It may be an almost suicidal mission, but to see four or five tankers or supply trucks burning, would be a second-thoughts-giver for the Russians on board knowing they're sitting ducks..

Idlewild and Captain Scarlet like this.
  13. Captain Scarlet

Probably they have secured the area as no military minded person would have a convoy like that strung over 40 miles unless it was secure to do so. Aircraft maybe another matter though. 23 Mig 29s from Poland equipped with the right weapons could turn that convoy into a Turkey shoot .

Idlewild and oldguynurse like this.
  14. Captain Scarlet

Unfortunately the West at the moment is all talk and no action .

Putins the other way around :eek:

15. oldguynurse

For years we had an A-10 squadron based here, now moved elsewhere. I'm sure those Warthog pilots are watching the news and licking their chops at such a 'target-rich- environment'

scratcho likes this.
  16. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

Poland is now saying they're not going to supply Ukraine with fighter jets. I'm hoping they'll do it behind the scenes and then deny culpability.

17. oldguynurse

Words and talk, and talk and words. The language of 'formal diplomacy'. Hopefully, some people elsewhere are more 'function' oriented.

18. oldguynurse

I don't know, any more than the rest of us, how this will all sort out, too many possible scenarios to contemplate.

But one thing is certain, with all this being shown around the world, there will be 'Hell-to-Pay' for the country of Russia in time. Putin there or not.

Flagme15 likes this.
  19. Captain Scarlet

I'm hoping there will be some sort of update on CNN tonight .

I think the problems will be more logistical

20. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I heard that Poland doesn’t want to supply planes to Ukraine because they think Russia would see it as a provocation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.