The Tudors

Discussion in 'TV Dramas' started by MissEmma, Jan 4, 2010.

1. MissEmma

MissEmma Member

I feel kind of lame for admitting it, but I loooove the Tudors. I love history and this show just dramatizes it and brings it to life.

Any one else...?

2. nldn

nldn Senior Member

I spend too much time when watching it thinking about the inaccuracies in it and the unrealistic glamour.

3. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I know a girl who is absolutely obsessed with that show. Never seen it mahself.

4. MBintheOC

MBintheOC We're all mad here..

Own all 3 seasons on dvd & am eagerly awaiting the next & I believe last season...

5. MissEmma

MissEmma Member

I need to get season's two and three. I watched one and looooved it, but haven't gotten the chance to see the others yet.

6. MBintheOC

MBintheOC We're all mad here..

I'm in the midst of a Tudors Maraton having just recently getting season 3 & am catching up b4 season 4 but I have a feeling if you like the 1st season, you'll like the next 2:)

7. MissEmma

MissEmma Member

I am pretty sure I'll love them.

8. flowerchild23-91

flowerchild23-91 Member

I got season one and two on DVD for christmas but haven't watched any of it yet.

9. WintergreenArbre

WintergreenArbre Member

Eh, I have gotten way to caught up in this show. I haven't been as excited about it after Natalie Dormer was killed off though.

Same here, but it is nice to have a fun history drama on.

10. Svitlo37

Svitlo37 Member

It's hard trying to be macho when I secretly enjoy The Tudors and Frasier.

11. flowerchild23-91

flowerchild23-91 Member

I have now seen season 1, 2 and 3 and absolutely loved it!

12. MissEmma

MissEmma Member

Still on like episode 2 of season 2. I've been busy.

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I had to watch myself for this too, but overall I liked it enough to follow the whole thing.

14. Bonkai

Bonkai Later guys

Actually I hear this show is pretty good, maybe I just need to get the 1st season for a tryout session and take it from there.

15. Asmodean

First season was the most entertaining for me, I think. After his second wife it kinda drags on a bit, only the conflicts with the church and the nice setting got me following the other seasons as well I guess.

16. desertwoman

desertwoman Guest

another "new" series in our house due to limited reception availability. had to wait until last fall for updated tv and high speed internet capabilities to start streaming and enjoying really high-quality image.

we're big fans of historical fiction. this production oversimplifies the politics of the time, but the quality casting and acting combine with the lavish production values to tell the old tale with the rugged splendor and intense passion suggested by the personalities of henry and anne.

interesting literary device in telling the story from the narrative perspective of the young king and his court.

17. rak

rak Senior Member

That show is like Nip Tuck in a historical aristrocratic setting and whith victorian english . Even though I study history, I am no expert on British history and still know that what ever they are portraying certainly did not happen as razy as that.

18. Asmodean

That's historic drama at the moment. You can also see a bit of a change for example between the first film adaption of Pride & prejudice and the later with Keira Knightly. I feel kind of glad a lot of persons see through this overly dramatized and glamourized style as well, but still are able to enjoy it like me. I recently watched the first season of the Borgia's, exactly the same in those departments. Still a lot of fun though :)

19. rak

rak Senior Member

Oh, yeah the Borgia is almost exactly like Tudors, except that I like the way they exaggerate the frivolous life under the Roman Empire. It is almost a parody of people's pervy fantasies of what it was like to live around that time.

20. Asmodean

Well, it is a sure thing that people were so frivolous indeed. The borgia pope was a real blamage for the catholic church as well, and not the only one. I suppose half of the cardinals in that time indulged in sexual escapades for real. Of course realism is all in the details and although this is also a bit speculation at times and always overdramatized to make it more pleasing to watch the show the decadence is what this era in proto-Italy is righteously famous for. It's part of the reason why the reformation accelerated around this time.