The Truth About Pink Floyd

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by floydiantools, May 6, 2007.

1. floydiantools

floydiantools Member

1. They are all against Roger.

2. The Story:

Ever since the introduction of David Gilmour to the band in 1968 things have been...how do you say it....funky. Gilmour and Rick have always been against Roger (not so much Nick - though he did give in to them). First were David's thoughts "bassist as a frontman, not so great). Then there was Rick's firing by Roger. Then Roger's eventual leaving of the band.

What of Rick's firing by Roger? This was the one that eventual lead to Roger leaving the band. One would find it necessary to fire one who took a vacation during the writing of an album would they not? But thats EXACTLY what they wanted. Roger would fire Rick, and this would make him look bad. This would also create doubt about the band's future in Roger (how cruel they were, mentally torturing him).

Then what? Roger wanted to do a solo album but NO. David tells him to bring it on as a FLOYD album - Making Roger look like an ASS for taking the credit for it. All this eventually lead to Roger calling the band off. Ah this is what they wanted all along. For Roger to call the band defunct. They brought it to court they did. And won. NO SURPRISE. They framed him - making him look bad for firing Rick, taking over too much control (of his own album).

What did David and the others do after Roger left? Did they find a "Proper" frontman as David had wanted? NOPE --- David decided to take over as frontman. And what a great frontman he was - just standing in the exact same position for the entire concert.

Then they all bring it back together and start making another album. SEE the evidence is overwhelming. They are against him.

2. flaming_pie

flaming_pie Member

Hmm...
    Interesting theory you've got there :)

I'd just like to point out that Rick took a vaction...................FROM ROGER.

And secondly, poor Roger would not have music without Rick and David, haha. Then again, I do realize that Roger's lyrics were superior and he knew exactly what he wanted in terms of music from the two of them (Nick was off in a corner somewhere demanding crustless pie...).

I guess Rick and David just couldn't handle the pressure

3. floydiantools

floydiantools Member

It was in order to remove Roger!

correct

4. flaming_pie

flaming_pie Member

Oh, you don't have to tell me I'm correct...I know I'm right :H

5. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

ha! roger is no saint. and roger wasnt a proper frontman either...... even in the early shows, dave did most of the singing, and roger sat in the back.

who was the original frontman?? syd. who replaced syd?? dave. makes sense to me.

lets talk about the wall, shall we??? dave had plenty of ideas for the wall, and roger kept squashing them. it took a mediator (bob ezrin) to come in and to urge roger to put in more guitar solos in there. originally, comfortably numb didnt have a guitar solo, but thanx to bob ezrin, he urged roger to put dave's contribution in there.

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Waters is a prick, but when it comes to lyrics, he is one of the best.

7. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

well, this post most definitely belongs here (paranoid)....... but its also odd that this person created an account to post about roger waters.....

david and rick (and rick mostly) are very underrated members of the group.... they brought the musical side into the floyd..... all the soundscapes and whatnot... all them. if it wasnt for those two, pink floyd would have been much more overblown and pretentious. they actually made the music listenable...... you ever listen to any of waters's solo albums?????? the only one that is actually decent is amused to death, thanx in part to jeff beck's solos.

roger cant sing. he pretty much does it spoken word.

8. sprout

sprout DeadHead

Roger has admitted all his wrong doing in a recent apology. I'm having a hard time finding it now but I know for a fact that I read an official apology from Roger Waters to the rest of the band.

He said something along the lines of He was sorry about imposing his will on the rest of the band and he couldn't believe he had acted like that. He alo went on to state that he and David and he and Rick were never really friends and that the whole thing was very business-like.

So in other words.... He admits that he fucked up but also that they weren't that close to begin with.

9. smitty5ca

smitty5ca Member

Syd Barrett is what made Pink Floyd... Syd was the man...

10. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

syd almost ran them into the ground, though

11. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

wow, I so dont care. Roger's solo shit sucked, pros and cons was literally the wall with different words. Floyd Division Bell so rocked, didnt even miss Roger.

12. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

pros and cons I didnt get the point of......... even eric clapton couldnt save that pile of crap.

I wonder what album the OP is talking about that was supposed to be a solo album. IM guessing it was the final cut..... and I can see why dave wouldnt want that released as a solo album, because most of the cuts were from the wall sessions.

13. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Pros and Cons has some good songs, but for the most part the lyrics are pretentious as hell and just downright silly.

14. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

its only good if you never heard the wall.
    Its like wall mUZAK

15. Flight From Ashiya

Flight From Ashiya Senior Member

I saw 'The Wall' at Earls Court in 1980.I walked past Earls Court today,looked up & saw 2 posters proclaiming a new show: 'Roger Waters' Dark Side Of The Moon'.

Not for me thanks-I've had enough of rock dinosaurs re-living their golden days at the behest of us the gullible money-paying punters.

I was under the impression Rick Wright left the band after 'The Wall' cos he was pissed off with being in 'The Pink Floyd'.
    Now they're all friends;they play a gig together & Syd dies.
    There's a strange justice to that.Syd was virtually 'sacked' by the others in the same way that 'Rick' was treated.
    Roger should perform a new gig: 'Roger Waters' Dark Side Of The Pink Floyd'.

16. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

rick wright was fired by roger. he had to take time off because he was having problems with his wife..... and roger had problems with his wife years before that and had to take time off as well (his wife julia). so rick didnt know what he did would get him fired..... but most of the keyboarding work on the wall was done by rick. rick had nothing to do with the final cut, maybe a few songs, which were outtakes from the wall sessions...... but other than that, no.

hmmm syd being sacked was a whole different story. SYD could NOT perform at all. live shows were lacking because he was almost comatose at gigs. sometimes he would play an entirely different song, or not even play one note at all. they had to bring dave on , because syd was being so erratic on the live shows....... and they wanted to use him as a brian wilson, so to speak....... writing the material, but have dave take his place on tour....... but syd didnt see it as that....... and then they just decided to go on tour without syd.... it was pretty much mutual, really. they just decided not to go on tour with syd, and syd didnt fight about it....

rick, on the other hand was fired for reasons I stated above......

17. akatweak

akatweak Member

does it all really matter now? we got the music we love, which only the most beautiful things come from the greatest struggle in life! now i say everyone take a couple hits of some bomb ass lsd and turn the lights off and turn on dark side of the rainbow!!!

pink floyd was the greatest contribution to the musical world ever!
    and led...

18. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

naw, Id rather not.......