The Test Results Are In...I'm Having Surgery.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by angelgodiva, Jun 4, 2004.

1. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

I was at the doctors' office this afternoon and the results from the MRI are in. I have to get knee surgery, most likely next week.
    According to my test, I snapped the anterior (front) tendon exactly as I suspected I had, but that isn't all. I apparently broke the ring of cartilage that cushions the knee joint as well. The doctor says it looks horrible and that it will need to be repaired as soon as possible to avoid permanent problems, and he set an appointment up with a surgeon and I go to see him on Tuesday afternoon. He will give me a pre operative examination and let me know exactly when the surgery will be done.
    Unfortunately, it won't be one of those easy laproscopic surgeries where they just make a couple small cuts to work through. I have to get the whole thing laid wide open and get the old fashioned, dozens of stitches kind of operation.
    I guess it's good that at least I finally know for sure what is going to have to be done. Wish me luck!

2. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Good luck, Angel. I'll be praying for a successful surgery and swift recovery.

3. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Good luck and speedy recovery, Angel! [​IMG]

4. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

*hugs*

Best of luck to you, AngelMom. You're such quite a trooper, so I'm sure that after this surgery you'll be up and bopping in no time! :D

5. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

hey angel, sucks you have to get all that surgery but i hope your knee gets better real soon afterwards..............................................

6. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

hey, good luck. i just had knee surgery one week ago. i had a torn meniscus. but it seems to be healing fine. hope it goes well for you. knee injuries blow. my friend had surgery for his ACL 2 days before i had mine. a lot of people i know are having knee problems this year. its wierd.

but anyway, good luck with the surgery and rehab.

7. luvndrumn

luvndrumn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Geez, that sounds familiar.:( Sorry to hear that, angel. Do you know any nurses? They usually have good info on which doctors to trust and which ones to stay away from.

Best wishes to you.

8. angelgodiva

Yes, a torn meniscus! That's the name of my secondary injury. Lucky me, I got both.
    Unfortunately, Luvn, I don't know any nurses. I am not going to be able to be on much for a while, I guess. I will still be here several times a day, but for short periods of time, because I have to keep my leg elevated for most of the time, which I cannot do sitting here. Damn, I wish I had a laptop!
    Anyhow, I wrote a bad review when I got my survey sheet from the emergency room, telling them that the doctor just pretty much humored and then ignored me when I told him that I both felt and heard something snap in my knee. He kept saying, "I know it hurts, dear, but believe me, it's just a sprain," when I knew better.
    The hospital stay is just two days, but I have to use a walker and will probably still have it when I go down to HHB's in Georgia at the end of the month.
    After all this, I sure hope a lot of people show up! I'm not letting it stop me from going.

9. GoodKarma

GoodKarma Member

Good luck Angel...let us know how everything goes and I wish you a speedy recovery.

10. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

I hope things go well for you angel, i had been wondering how you were doing after your accident.

I had knee surgery when i was in 9th grade, torn cartlidge, have a scar from one side to the other side of my knee.

I am sure you will get thru it, you seem to be a fighter!! :)

11. Maverick

Maverick Banned

I've had surgery before. It's not too bad, except for the food.

12. sweatininthesouth

sweatininthesouth Member

sorry to hear the news Angel. Good luck with your surgery. I heard something a while back about how it happened. Did you fall down a hill or something?? What happened?

13. angelgodiva

Yes, I slipped on a wet hillside and wrenched my knee. I felt something snap in there and even heard a noise, and could not get up.
    I've been in a brace for the past two weeks (it happened two weeks ago tonight), and it's been quite painful, but all the doctors kept saying it was just a sprain until my regular doctor came back Tuesday from vacation and ordered an MRI. I just learned the full extent of the damage today.

Thank you to all of you for your encouragement. I love all you guys, and I appreciate you.

14. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

i hope that your surgery goes well and that you have a speedy recovery.:)

15. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

Good luck sweetie, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

16. -GOD-

-GOD- Banned

Angelgodiva,

I'm on your team, how can we lose? I score 100%, 100% of the time. We have talked a lot in private about this; prayers, pm and, indian smoke signals when the two others were down.

I want you to know that I love you.

I know that you know it but I want you to know that I know that you know it that I know. You know...

I hope that your doc comes to this site often. It mighteth be wise for him to make the operation a succes because otherwise thirtheen of the next generations of his family will be born with chicken feet. It will be very hard for them to find fitting boots in Winters and, I won't even talk about pimples here...

Love you,

Really do,

God.

17. Butterflygal

Butterflygal Member

I'll be thinking of you!! I hope you have a speedy recovery and the surgery goes well for you. And of course, nothing is going to stop you from meeting all your friends. Not the Angel we know and love!! ;)

18. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

LOTS OF prayers and love to you angel. we will all be thinking of you.

19. angelgodiva

Thanks to all of you...I just got done writing a kind of rude letter to the emergency department at the local hospital (no, I am NOT getting my surgery there) about how none of the doctors would take me seriously when I told them it wasn't "just a sprain", as they kept saying. Maybe they will listen to the next person!
    I greatly appreciate all your good vibes and prayers. You all rock--well MOST of you, anyway. I don't care for that "fuehrer" guy.