The television will not be revolutionised!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jesuswasamonkey, Jan 8, 2005.

1. jesuswasamonkey

jesuswasamonkey Slightly Tipsy

The Television will not be Revolutionised!

(A reprint of an ignored post from an exponentially growing thread)

"The greatest trick the elite ever pulled was convincing the world that they exist."

-Some drunk yokel

The problem with media and American government is that it has been celebritized. People forget that these people they see on their magic TV screens every day are just human beings like you and me, who shit, eat and fuck like anyone else.

These people aren't supermen, they have no divine powers and they will die some day like everybody else.

Our government has gone from a government of the people, for the people and by the people, to a government of the elite, for the elite and by the elite.

The media is a vital cog in this system of control.

"Question: Why does control need to control?
    Answer: Control needs control like a junkie needs junk."

-William S Burroughs (may he rest in peace)

Television is the most powerful tool for control ever invented. Other things can control the body, things like drugs can crudely control the mind, but television, with it's subtlety and pervasiveness can in fact direct the exact thoughts of those exposed to it. Why don't you hang out around the water cooler at work tomorrow to count how many times a line from tonight's popular sitcom is repeated.

Television news chose our current president. They deliberately sabotaged Howard Dean's campaign and chose Kerry, a very weak candidate and obviously too far left in the wrong places to win in today's political climate, to hand the election to Bush.

Why did the media want "four more years"?

I don't know.

We may never know because they only tell us the things they want us to know. Control must control if it is to continue controlling.

My harebrained theory is that Bush is good for the news business. No TV newsman likes a slow news day, it means they have to run that stupid story about the two legged dog named Miracle. They lose advertisers when they have to run that stupid story about the two legged dog named Miracle. But with Bush around, they never have a slow news day.

Remember when the war first started? Remember how gung-ho the news was about it, sending imbedded reporters and live feed of out-of-focus sand from Giraldo Riviera? They ate that shit up and so did we, Americans watched more news, and the control gained more control, not to mention advertising dollars.

By the way, money is not the root of all evil, control is. Money is just a form of control. It is an abstract representation of resources. Resources are a powerful form of control, if a man is starving he will do just about anything for a bowl of soup. If there was no money, people would just trade straight resource and things wouldn't really be all that different.

Money = Resources = Control

It all comes down to control. Everything they do is all about control.

The media is control.

The Patriot Act is control.

War is control.

Money is control.

Terrorism is control.

The war on drugs is control.

Drugs are control.

A bully is control.

A poorly spoken president whose personality appeals to "average Joe American" is control.

These people simply cannot stand the idea of not being in absolute control of everything around them. If they could they would blow up the moon just to prove to themselves how much control they have.

But they are nothing special. They are just human beings like you and me. The only reason they can control you is because you let them.

How do you deal with a bully? If you whine like a pussy he just beats you more. He knows he controls you. But if you give him a good swift kick to the balls he will leave you alone. You are out of his control.

Kick the fuckers in the balls. Control is a junkie for control. What is the worst thing you can do to a junkie? Take away his junk!

2. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

clever title.
    I like Adbusters' approach to rejecting our culture.
    www.adbusters.org

3. hayduke_lives5447

hayduke_lives5447 Sancho

nicely said, jesuswasamonkey

4. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

MSNBC did a beauty when the Iraq invasion started. They invited a mother to do an interview with the cutest baby you ever saw on her lap. Then they made her read a couple paragraphs from a letter supposedly written by her husband, but which sounded almost verbatim like one of Bush's speeches: "Daddy's fighting the evil-doer Saddam and getting rid of his WMD so all the little ones can live in a safer world." It was a perfect example of how the corporate media puts together a hollywood type production to spread the propaganda of those in the White House.

5. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Bollocks , thats the biggest load of shit perpetuated by idiots like yourself , to progress a flatulent arguement .

6. jesuswasamonkey

Don't use my font, bitch.

7. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

bin Laden was sure using TV to his advantage with all of his scare tactic videos. Looked like something from a 60s James Bond movie. The suicide bombers in Iraq are doing a pretty good propaganda job too with their images of the things they're blowing up. They even add a cute little video of how they rigged up the cars with explosives. It's a game of trying to use the video media to jerk people's attitude toward a particular viewpoint.

8. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

sorry it was just because i could not be bothered to change it...i can now, have you anything more to say

9. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I agree that Bin Laden has been using the western media...awww they no no better .

10. jesuswasamonkey

I am not rejecting my culture. I am quite fond of my culture. What I reject is the homogenized media culture that, whether intentional or not, is destroying my culture to replace it with something dreamed up by a bunch of stuck-up twits on Madison Avenue, Pennsylvania Avenue and Mulholland Drive. Adbusters is quite amusing, and way back when I was an art student I used to read it all the time, but in reality it's scope is too narrow. I've got nothing against a little advertising, it's neccesary for any business, what I object to is the homogenization of culture and media brainwashing.

I already said a lot of things in the original post, and you already got more reply from me than you deserve. If you want to make a point or ask a question then do so. Rejecting a post out of hand and calling people idiots is neither a valid point nor a valid question.

11. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

I don't see the "Madison Av. twits" as being in the process of destroying our culture. I think they have fully or at least almost fully succeeded. I think that the American people are more ignorant and more numb than they have ever been before.
    The control that you speak of isn't government control (so to speak)...
    It's corporate control.
    Because the corporate sector really is the government now.
    The puppet government, the fake democracy, which is fully financed and very effectively controlled by the corporate sector, are just there to make the people feel better.
    It's every man for himself out there, and the big dogs are definitely running the show. It's called the golden rule -- he who's got the gold makes the rules.

12. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I was not rejecting your post out of hand... i did spend a while pondering what you were saying... my reply was honest . I do find the whole arguement that the Media has control over us, slightly postmodern because it assumes we know the truth and that lies are being told. Or at least th media tell us what they want and everything else you accuse them of doing .. this is untrue . What the media says is the truth to a degree , its the amount of it that you disagree with it that determines how much you think they are just trying to control us. I have looked into lots of what they say , and realise that most of it is bullshit , but we all play with degrees of bullshit in our point of view anyway.