The tea recommendation thread

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by metalgypsy, Jul 28, 2009.

1. metalgypsy

metalgypsy Member

I drink tea for medicinal properties, and just for fun. I love tea. All kinds.

Some that I recommend:

-Traditional Medicinals Female Toner tea-for cramps and PMS(It really helps cramps)
    -YogiTea-Kava Stress Relief-Kava is somewhat of a sedative. This tea relaxes the shit out of me
    -Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Extra-Helps me pass out for the night when I need it

Other tea's I live on:
    -organic peppermint
    -Republic of Tea Earth Day green mint tea
    -Tazo Calm
    -Teavana Rooibos Sweet Amore

What other teas do you recommend, what are your favorites? And do you use any tea for health reasons?

2. AcidKid420

AcidKid420 Member

South American Yage' Tea.
    Hands Down.

3. metalgypsy

metalgypsy Member

I've never heard of it. What's in it? Where can you get it?

4. AcidKid420

AcidKid420 Member

Its a sacred tea. The only way to get it legally is to join a church that does yage sessions or go to a shamanistic ceremony in south america.
    Or you can be your own brewer like me and make it yourself. (Illegal to posess [because its DMT containing] in brewed form unless for official religious use)

It can contain a vast veriety of things. But the basis is DMT and an MAOI.
    I brew it with B. Cappi Vine and Mimosa H. Tree Bark.
    Both only native to the south american jungles.

5. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

what temp is the water, how much vine and bark, and how long do you steep it?

i like roobios teas from adagio teas
    my gf just bought some yerba mate

6. metalgypsy

metalgypsy Member

Ah, nah, I was thinking more of legal, able to buy at a store or order online teas, but thanks!

7. TheMagneticHeadache

TheMagneticHeadache Banned

Peppermint rocks, ginger is a lifesaver, and oh Celestial Seasonings makes the best chai I've had in my entire life. I'm about to try some St. John's Wort and see how nasty it is

8. AcidKid420

AcidKid420 Member

It all depends on what you want out of the brew.
    I brew the vine and bark separately, both on low levels of heat (simmer) for 2 to 3 days. I brew the vine till all im left with is a brown powder, which i capsule. (this is the MAOI, and low levels of DMT)
    Lately i have been freezing the bark brew into ice cubes than putting them in a fry pan on high heat. Leaves you with obsidian colored crystals which i capsule as well. This crystal is the closest to freebased DMT you can get without chemical synthesis.

The reason i capsule is the taste of the brew is horrid. Most foul tasting thing ive ever experienced. The capsules also help with the nausea that majority get from Yage Tea.

9. AcidKid420

AcidKid420 Member

The tea is legal, when used in proper setting.
    And the ingredients can be found in online stores.

10. metalgypsy

metalgypsy Member

Ginger got rid of my food poisoning. And my boyfriend's at one point. But I can't stand the taste of it.

11. Stabby

Stabby Member

I drink plain chamomile, rooibos and green tea. I also really like any green tea/lemon grass mix. Yogi tea and Tazo have some excellent kinds. I also got some president's choice green tea/ginger/stevia recently and it's quite good.

12. gypsy_queen79

gypsy_queen79 Member

I drink many varieties. As as far as a brand, STASH has to be my favorite. They're out of Portland/Tigard, Oregon. It is just as good and sometimes better than Celestial Seasonings, for less money. Plus for me, it is more local than others.
    http://www.stashtea.com/