The Sopranos

Discussion in 'TV Dramas' started by Sequelserver, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Sequelserver

Sequelserver Member

Can't believe there was no thread for the Sopranos, the best TV show ever made!

If you haven't got into it yet, cos you've only seen the odd episode here and there, rent season 1 from your local store, or buy it, and watch it in sequence. You won't be disappointed!!

Sopranos treats the viewer like an adult. There's no score/mood music to tell you how to feel. The characters are 3-dimensional, no one is purely good and no one is totally evil. The actors are amazing, especially James Gandolfini and Edie Falco (Tony and his wife Carmela).

Write below why you love (or hate) the Sopranos!

2. somethingelseishere

somethingelseishere Guest

You nailed it!! I've seen every episode back-to-back, first to last, gotta be over 20 times now and it never gets old!! All-time favorite TV show!!

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The women in this show ruined it for me.

4. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I liked the show, but always thought Tony was too much of a pussy to be a mob boss. IRL he would have been taken out

5. somethingelseishere

somethingelseishere Guest

Well, in my opinion, it's got an awesome story-line. Very real-life and gritty. It doesn't shield the viewer or hold their hand. It's just like "Bamm" and leaves you to "deal with it". It's just multi-layered awesome!! I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend checking this show out. :2thumbsup:

6. MyDayOff

MyDayOff Banned

Perhaps it's a good depiction of the mafia, but it never really was for me. I don't mind violence, but it's just the cruelty that I didn't like. I don't like the way people look up to these tugs. It upsets/annoys me watching them just shoot innocent by standards, and then make a joke about it.

The violence is also far too predictable as regards who's going to win. You'd think the audience would want to see justice served on occasion, or see the person who's in the right, winning for a change. If it was real life and I knew these mobsters were up to, I'd have notions of taking the law into my own hands

7. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

RIP James Gandolfini.

Died wednesday in Rome of a heart attack. He was only 51 years old. :(

8. yahoohippegm

yahoohippegm Member

9. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Tony did what he had to at times, but I liked the hints of morality. It is what makes you like him as a character.

Compare Tony to Ralph for example. Did anyone like that guy?

10. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

Ralph was a freak for sure, lol.

11. M2D

M2D Member

Sopranos definitely was my favourite show of all time. Tony was a pussy? Hardly... he did however show signs of having somewhat of a concious at times, which was what made his character so realistic.

12. rak

rak Senior Member

It was a great Show. The violence was a bit much, though.

13. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I fucking loved this show. I watched the whole series through at least 3 times. I used to watch it on Netflix with my mom. I've been wanting to watch it again.

14. M2D

M2D Member

yeah ive watched it many times through, prob my most favorite show ever, ive prob seen the whole series 5-7 times haha

15. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

I am currently watching the show.... we have like 5 episodes left.
    I would not say it is the best show.. I would say no show can beat Dexter but thats a discussion for another day. The Sopranos is a pretty good show though.

I think everyone plays their parts well and I did not like Ralph. I can't say anymore about what I think about that because I don't want to spoil anything.

The Sopranos didn't have me jumpin up and down until like the middle of season 2. I must say though when I saw about Adriana I couldn't stop talking about it!

16. la Principessa

Nobody liked Ralph. He was a fucking sicko. lol

17. rak

rak Senior Member

As was Paulie.

18. la Principessa

True, but I still liked Paulie. He had charm lol

19. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

I don't know, Paulie can be kinda annoying. Also, the way he messed with Chris.. trying to be in sobriety and he'd 'break his balls.' Stuff like that.

Sil has always been my favorite character. We like to refer to him as the hair guy.
    But he has a kinda funny and reasonable character. I think Sil would make a good boss...

We only have 2 more episodes to go! I will finish tonight. I can't wait to see how the ending is.... where the show is at the moment it just doesn't seem like the show should end yet... but i'll see I guess.. lol

20. la Principessa

Ohhh you've never seen the end before? Awesome! Post back here when you finish!

And yeah, Sil would make a good boss. Paulie is entertaining though. No doubts that he's obnoxious as fuck, but still entertaining. lol