The second psychedelic revolution

Discussion in 'The Psychedelic Experience' started by thismoment, Feb 17, 2014.

1. thismoment

thismoment Member

2. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

I just don't like that it's called ''The end of Acid''. I've never had the chance to do real Lucy, and I here it is the mother of all, and I just really hope I get to walk hand in hand with her one of those days.

3. thismoment

thismoment Member

^ The author doesn't come out and say it, but it seems like there is an increasing supply of acid right now - as well as "the greatest array of psychedelics and entheogens — both natural and man-made — that has ever been available to any society in history."

4. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

I feel like it depends where you are looking.

If you spend your time on hipforums, you see that the psychedelic subculture is very well alive - however - if you don't, you can spend months without hearing about it, or seldomly, from people who have no idea how powerful these tools can be.

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I'd say psychedelic renaissance is a more appropriate description to what's going on.

Interesting article and informative in regards to many aspects of post millenium psychedelic culture, I'm interested in reading the subsequent articles but some of the article felt kind of dated...

All those chems are currently Schedule I in the US and if Hipforums is any reflection of their general trend in usage and popularity, I'd say aside from maybe 2cb, pretty much all of them have seen a steep decline in usage. I don't feel the current generations of psychedelic explorers view a lot of these newer chems in a sacramental sense, so once some get banned they will wait for the next generation of research chemicals to come out to explore.

I feel like DMT use has gone down as well somewhat in the past couple years after there has been crackdowns on some of the availability of plants.

6. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

there IS a revolution going on. but not strictly psychedelic. think about SR. Every drug is readily available for everyone.

7. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

cool article. link us to the next ones if you have/get them, please :)

this was surprising!
    i knew it was higher, but not THAT high.

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I think it is just an ongoing development, no revolution, not really a renaissance (it never stopped in the first place). The word revolution is terribly overused in the hippie subculture anyway.

9. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

sounds like they only used a tab of Owsley's White Lightening, I think that was purported to be around that 350-400ugs range, at the time is right, 1966, but generally that estimate is a bit on the heavy side.

10. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

I saw the white light on a 400 ug dose... no need to take 2 :)
    I really need to take higher doses ...

11. Asmodean

Why?

12. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

I didn't see "god" yet.
    and you totally can, on high doses.
    I only saw the white light, but It always felt like there is something beyond it.
    just crazy shit :)

I heard a story about someone eating a tenstrip of 200ug hits... The guy was floating in the white light and saw and had a telepathic conversation with a giant golden Buddha...

I wanna experience something like that.

13. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Yeah bla bla bla, and one guy saw a gummy-bear humping a park bench...:rolleyes:

Some people just like to make up shit to make it sound like they tripped harder than anyone. The more outlandish the tale, the more I doubt they've ever tripped at all.

14. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

Yeah but I was almost there!! I was up in the clouds once with freakin angels hoppin around.
    I also saw the grim reaper with a big scythe and... the devil.
    The only thing missin is god.

tho... now that I think back.. I did see something once. When the sky opened up above me and a mushroom symbol appeared on the sky. And the mush telepathically told me the meaning of life : "Do whatever makes you happy"..
    but that was on DMT... I want to see god on acid :)

15. Asmodean

Also, some of the people who tell these tales might be convinced they did saw stuff like that on an acid trip but that simply doesn't mean those things are true.

16. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

That doesn't sound that far fetched at all if it was a legitimate 2,000 micrograms, sorry for the thumbs up by the way ;)

Reported Trips from the likes of DMT and DPT produce hallucinatory phenomena like that fairly often, I don't see why you think it would be beyond the scope of a super heavy LSD trip.

Whether there is any basis in reality for some of the abstract hallucinations on heavy/high dose psychedelics can surely be contested but I know I've experienced and read enough to know others experience very bizzarre, 'otherworldly' states of consciousness which only symbolic represensentations can approximate.

It's the experiential notion which begs psychonauts to explore further and relay such experiences so that if nothing else we can understand more about the mind and states of consciousness.

17. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

If you mind is contemplating god and the devil then you might just conjer up those things. If your mind is on humping and gummy bears, well... lol

Going into a trip with the idea of acheving some higher plane is definitely not a good approach. LSD may open your mind to new ideas and ways of experiencing the world but it also stimulates the 'gullible' part of the brain. Be very careful attaching meaning to things experienced in those states.

I think attempting to describe truly profound trips, words tend to betray.

18. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

That is an aspect but I think a gross oversimplification. On DMT for instance, your mind doesn't have time to contemplate things in any traditional sense.

There can be kind of a reinforcing quality to one's beliefs with psychedelics, particularly after several trips.. I think they can also challenge belief patterns. It's good to go into a trip with an open mind but if there is a disposition one wants to take, I think seeking to explore LSD to reach a higher plane in a comfortable setting is a better approach then like taking LSD on a whim at school.

With repeated explorations the scope of these experiences maybe becomes more particular, I don't see anything necessarily wrong with that.

19. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Double post

20. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

not necessarily.

but it depends on what you start focusing on. i could see it becoming an unhealthy fascination with ...whatever it is one starts searching for.

not in response to GB's quote:

i feel like i've "felt" "god" before on moderately high doses of LSD. i appreciate everything psychedelics have shown me and taught me, but i don't think what you experience on them is necessarily any closer to "the truth" than what we experience every day. i think it's a valuable experience to have...but i agree with Gong that you should be careful to attach too much meaning to some things. b
    BUT, by not attaching meaning to meaningful things during a trip, you might miss out on any potential insight.

it's definitely a balancing act.

i don't feel the desire to "see god" by taking my dose higher.

gendorf, when you talk about trying to see god and stuff like that...honestly, it sounds a bit wacko.
    what happens if you see Him? then what?