The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by Miss_Tambourine_Girl, May 17, 2004.

1. Miss_Tambourine_Girl

Miss_Tambourine_Girl Member

im a huge fan of o'brien's rocky horror i just saw it in theatre for the 6th time last month...speachless as each time!

anyway i heard of a continuation of Rhps.. named Shock treatment if im not mistakeing.. any1 knows what is about.. if it's good or where i can find it?

thankx a lot

:)

2. know1nozme

know1nozme High Plains Drifter

Be prepared to be disappointed. It lacks the cohearancy and the energy of the original. What's more, without the Audience participation which so vitalized the RHPS it just falls completely flat. Just my opinion.

3. Miss_Tambourine_Girl

yeah i heard bad rewiews too.

dunno... i think ill get the dvd or something.
    but there's still dr Frankenfurther on it?
    cause i totally dig it!! what kind of continuation of rhps would it be without him?

4. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

Frank isn't in Shock Treatment...the only characters who are that were in Rocky Horror are Brad & Janet...both of which are played by different actors. It does still have Richard OBrien, Patricia Quinn, Charles Gray & Little Nell though :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083067/

5. know1nozme

know1nozme High Plains Drifter

Actually, if I remember right, they aren't Brad and Janet, either. They are the two characters who got married at the beginning of RHPS (Ralph and Betty Hapshack?).

6. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hap Shack, will travel...

It's nicer then Betty Monroe had....

Shocky's got nothing on Rocky!

7. Lindiglo

Lindiglo Member

Dr. Frank N Furter died at the end of RHPS, so to 'revive' him would kind of be a copout. I bought it a few months ago, but I have a 'movie pact', so I haven't seen it yet. The demand isn't as large so it's harder to find, but you should be able to special order it at any movie store. The one song I've heard from it sounds pretty good. Don't watch it with expectations of another rocky. observe it as a seperate entity.

8. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

Shock Treatment was appalling!! There was one good song, but the rest was horrible. I wasn't all that thrilled with the TV themed setting either. It just didn't work for this flick. Brad and Janet are the primary characters, but different actors. Ralph and Betty Hapshat have bigger roles in this movie. The original actors from RHPS are all playing different roles. I gotta say, Little Nell doesn't look bad with long hair. Richard O'Brien still has that presence that I love, but it's not enough to save the flick.

9. Jennyflower

Jennyflower Member

ive never even heard of this sequel thing! it must be bad. sequels very rarely live up to the 1st one.

10. Lindiglo

Lindiglo Member

I just watched Shock yesterday. It's actually pretty good, but it's very loosely related to Rocky. It reminds me of Kevin Smith's View Askew series, a couple of the same characters, and the same actors from the first movie playing different people. It's not a sequel really. Or an 'equal' as the advertising called it. It's just another movie by the same people. I liked it, actually. It's not as good as Rocky, but it's all right as a standalone flick. Nell Carter looks gorgeous! It's a fun movie, it won't change your life or anything. You see Charles Gray sing and dance which is worth whatever you pay for it.
    -Lindi

11. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

drivel. absolute drivel.

Don't waste your money on it except as a one-time rental.
    and this from a person with five years of RHPS under her belt... from BEFORE the VHS.

12. Miss_Tambourine_Girl

ehm..what do u mean? :)

13. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

GO see it in the theater...go with someones who has been before. When they sacrifice the virgins before the show accept the fact yer friend i s gonna rat you out, you might be embarrased and that after word you have a good memory and a great story, and you get to bring the virgins next time....

*edit..I didnt read the first page first, I take back My post.*

14. Miss_Tambourine_Girl

ive already seen it 6 times in theather and almost 20 in vhs!!

15. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

I don't count seeing it on video. You're missing too much of the spirit of Rocky. There's no audience participation, no virgin auction, no silly people in silly costumes, no doing the Time Warp in the middle of the aisles, and on my VHS copy, one of the somgs is cut out.

Dream it on video, Be it in the theaters.

16. xaosflux

Watching rocky on tv/video is like masturbating..it's fun and will hold you over..but it's nothing compared to the REAL thing!

17. xaosflux

It's fun to bring virgins..but then again I've been a born-again-virgin at least 8 times :) Being a virign is awesome!

18. Miss_Tambourine_Girl

yeah man! couldn't have said better! :D

19. RaZoRblAdEKiSsEs

RaZoRblAdEKiSsEs Member

I love the Rocky Horror Picture Show, tho I am a virgin to seeing it live. I hope to see it soon. Columbia is my personal fave! ;)

love.
    chelsea

20. Miss_Tambourine_Girl

columbia kisses ass!