The reason Track & Trace is failing !!!

Discussion in 'U.K. Politics' started by Vladimir Illich, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Haha Seagull. Lol

Mysteron likes this.
  2. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

I am quite good at those false names.

I dare say that they will clamp down on these in the future .After all its your "Civil Duty " to disclose all your personal information :)

Candy Gal likes this.
  3. Candy Gal

No doubt
    Nanny state is going crazy.
    I only used the paper format for track and trace.

Mysteron likes this.
  4. Captain Scarlet

Anyone who uses their mobile are just asking to be traced .

You didn't strike me as being the rebellious type . I bet its that meeting with Vlad that has changed things ? Lol

Candy Gal likes this.
  5. Candy Gal

No way. Lol

I have always been a rebel without a cause.

Mysteron likes this.
  6. Captain Scarlet

7. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Virus scarring the walls of the heart has been an increasing problem for the last decade, it causes an eptopic arrhythmia that reduces blood flow.
    This results in lack of energy when you are active, so your body tries to catch up when you are trying to sleep.
    We simply don't know how long this has been around, since ECG checkups were fairly rare in the past and not routine.
    The good news is while their is no medical cure, the tissue gradually repairs over about 12 months and the eptopic ratio falls,
    Since the virus connection has already been established, I can't see much benefit in future research.

The thing that mainly concerns me is the affect on the bodies natural immunity following flue jabs.
    It seems as if we get in first, their is a benefit, while when the virus wins the race we are left in serious trouble.
    Studying the relationship between vaccination policy and covid percentage in different parts of the world would be interesting. However, most parts of the word who keep accurate records would probably have similar vaccination policies.

PS, what branch of Asda did you visit.?

Mysteron likes this.
  8. Captain Scarlet

Bolton Burnden Park . If your a footie fan or knowledge of the sport it occupies the old Bolton Wanderers Football ground.

9. Captain Scarlet

[​IMG]

Oh my word . These are the new posters the Bolton Council are rolling out .

These will be very patronising amongst younger people who I think it is aimed at.

Thankfully I hope they will put younger people off from getting a test. that's the only way numbers are going to come down .

I 've got my coat

I've gotta move !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh !!! - Bloody wonderful !!! - What was the point of producing the 'app' if it doesn't sodding work !!!

Test Results From NHS Or Government Labs Can't Be Linked With Covid-19 App, Officials Admit
    The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) said it is aware of the issue and “urgently working” to resolve it.

Tens of thousands of test results delivered each day by NHS or Public Health England (PHE) labs can’t be linked with the official Covid-19 app, officials have admitted.

An issue with the long-awaited technology – which arrived on Thursday months later than hoped – means that Pillar 1 test results, which are provided by the NHS and PHE, cannot be connected to the app.

On Friday, 210,375 tests were taken – 61,481 of which were handled by PHE and the NHS.

The issue also affects national surveillance testing done as part of the Office for National Statistics’ national surveillance programme, but these tests are not counted in the 61,481 as they cover the whole of the UK as opposed to England.

Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) said it is aware of the issue and “urgently working” to resolve it, as critics point out that only tests booked through the government’s commercial partners currently link with the software.

Despite Boris Johnson’s much-ridiculed claims that Test and Trace has “very little or nothing to do with the spread and transmission of the disease”, health secretary Matt Hancock has pushed the app as an “important step forward” in the fight against the virus.

Hi Damian,

If your test took place in a Public Health England lab or NHS hospital, or as part of national surveillance testing conducted by the Office for National Statistics, test results cannot currently be linked with the app whether they’re positive or negative.

Thanks.

— NHS COVID-19 app (@NHSCOVID19app) September 25, 2020
    A tweet on the official app account said: “If your test took place in a Public Health England lab or NHS hospital, or as part of national surveillance testing conducted by the Office for National Statistics, test results cannot currently be linked with the app whether they’re positive or negative.”

The tweet came in response to a user who said they had a test and wanted to enter the result in the app but had been asked for a code, which they said they did not get with their test result.

Currently, the results of tests booked through the app are automatically recorded, a spokesperson at DHSC said.

She said: “We are urgently working to enable positive tests for people who aren’t already given a code to be added to the Covid-19 App.

“NHS Test and Trace will continue to contact people by text, email or phone if your test is positive, advising you to self-isolate and for those who don’t have a code the contact tracers will shortly be able to provide codes to insert in the app.

“If you book your test via the app the results will be automatically recorded in the app and the isolation countdown will be updated.”

The DHSC was met with significant criticism on Saturday over the issues with the software, with many pointing out that the only tests that could currently link with the app were those that had been outsourced by the government to their private commercial partners.

Shadow health and social care secretary Jonathan Ashworth said: “We all want to see this app succeed. We’ve encouraged people to download it.

“But have they really launched an app that doesn’t actually link to tests carried out by NHS hospital labs & PHE labs, instead only including tests carried out via the outsourced lighthouse lab network?”

Just to highlight the sheer insanity of this:

The govt’s “NHS” Covid app only wants to know about Serco/private testing.

If you had a test in an NHS or PHE lab, you literally cannot enter the result on the app.@MattHancock how can you possibly justify this? pic.twitter.com/Is4g1PHhcO

— Rachel Clarke (@doctor_oxford) September 26, 2020
    We all want to see this app succeed. We’ve encouraged people to download it.

But have they really launched an app that doesn’t actually link to tests carried out by NHS hospital labs & PHE labs instead only including tests carried out via the outsourced lighthouse lab network?? https://t.co/CFeUq6szNM

Mysteron likes this.
  11. Captain Scarlet

A potentially interesting programme on The BBC tonight . It is called I believe "Track and Trace Exposed" on Panorama.

I have just got that feeling I have just passed a loaded gun to Vlad . Lol :)

Its interesting how they a marketing this to the population in view that they have announced that the initial fine for breaking any lockdowns imposed by Track and Trace is now a £1000.00 . Bearing in mind the rules are draconian compared to the isolation rules I had to observe in March when I had the virus . It sounds to me like you are just passing a stick to someone to beat you with . I will be interested in seeing the figures for the take up of the App.

12. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

Regarding the fines, well that's going to be interesting isn't it, I've lost most of my work due to this virus but because of the new rules on universal credit I can't claim anything as my wife works, under the old system I'd be entitled to benefit in my own right. Now considering I've got almost no earnings myself, if I was to get fined what would they do about it, "can I have time to pay your honour?", "yes, how long will you need?", well it all depends on how long the virus runs for doesn't it"
    They can't take money off my wife to pay my fine and if I haven't got it they can't have it, the only stuff I own is related to work and they can't touch that, so what will they do?
    Incidentally I had a lucky escape over the weekend, we've not seen the grandkids for 3 weeks now and 2 weeks ago they went back to school, a week later they sent all the kids in my grandsons year home, 2 had gone down with covid! Anyway on Friday my daughter in law rang for advice and they tested the whole family, Saturday they ring up to say my grandson has the virus but no symptoms, it's common in kids apparently, so now the whole house is in lockdown. if we'd gone to see them recently we'd be in the same situation too, I just hope they come through it ok.

Mysteron likes this.
  13. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You do know, don't you, non payment of fines is itself a criminal offence and you could go to gaol for it !!!

Mysteron likes this.
  14. Captain Scarlet

Well it is a hypothetical situation as Phil hasn't done anything wrong .

However what I can see are frustrations bubbling to the service .

I don't think we are a million miles away from being a Police State .

phil1965 likes this.
  15. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

Yes I was aware of that, but considering the fact that they are already giving criminals community service, or bail while they await trial they can hardly lock up loads of people for non payment of fines. Incidentally a lad over the road from me got nicked for gbh, they upgraded it to attempted murder and he's out on bail.

16. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

I remember a few years ago and I decided to wind one of the lads up, I left a message in his office, 'please ring mr C lyon' and a phone number, so he did, it was the local safari park number, lol.

Mysteron likes this.
  17. Captain Scarlet

Yes in the office world in the 80s it was a well known April Fools trick .

IMO if you have had the virus already and can prove that by getting an Antibody test done privately then you shouldn't need to leave your details anyway.

The ones that have had the virus are far safer to be with than those that are medically exempt from say wearing a face covering .. Covid doesn't treat the medically exempt ones any different to others .

phil1965 likes this.
  18. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

I agree, I,ve seen a few not wearing masks and it does worry and annoy you, if someone is medically exempt then it should be A) a real medical condition and B) they should be given a badge that says 'medically exempt'. I know they reckon there are lanyards with sunflowers on that people can wear if they are exempt but not everyone knows what the sunflower thing means.

Mysteron likes this.
  19. Captain Scarlet

Supposedly one million people have down loaded the app . With the threat of starvation ,confined to quarters ,loss of pay and threatened with a fine , I am just wondering the numbers who have decided to delete the App ?

One major flaw with this system and I am quite surprised none of the members of the media raised this question last night is that unless you have symptoms you cannot get a test . Okay me thinks . But then the experts were saying that the virus is being driven by younger people. These very same people are more likely in the vast majority to be asymptomatic ie don't have the symptoms and therefore will not know that they have the virus. Therefore these people are unwittingly will be spreading the virus to others .

Please tell me if I am missing something here but that IMO that is a serious flaw in the system and therefore a major failing .

20. Captain Scarlet

Not quite the point I was making .

The point I was making is that these people who are medically exempt from wearing face coverings etc are not protecting others by wondering about a supermarket and yet they expect others to protect them . . IMO there should be no exceptions full stop . Its another case of the majority have to alter their lives for the sake of the minority .If they are vulnerable then they shouldn't be out and about and if they are its them who should accept the risk .

I may come across as being harsh here but I have a mother in law who is 87 who is frail and diabetic. She hasn't to her credit not ventured out of the house since last January . We do all her fetching and carrying so she can keep safe .

Vladimir Illich likes this.