The Real World

Discussion in 'TV' started by metro, May 18, 2004.

1. metro

metro self-banned

Does anyone watch this idiotic show? I was at someone elses house watching it (I wouldn't choose to watch it) and these people are nuts. Do they cast for members at a mental hospital or something. I swear everyone on that show is super emotionally unstable, they burst into tears every minute. It makes me ill.

2. lovelyweapon

lovelyweapon Member

I can't stand any of the Real Worlds. Not only do the people on them appear brain-numbingly stupid, the show basically paved the way for all the other reality TV crap on today.

3. TheDoorsOfPerception

TheDoorsOfPerception Member

its stupid, isn't it?

4. BigBong

BigBong Member

They seem all emotional because the producers edit to make it look that way..

5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

God, I loathe that show.

The people who appear on that show pretty much represent everything I can't stand about my generation... and more.

It's like seeing certain people from high school again, except they never really grew up.

6. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

I think it is all manipulated not completely fake, but pretty close.

I do like the challenges though. That's some funny shit!

7. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I don't miss not being able to watch that show - I've seen one season of it.

8. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

I hate it too, it's a big fucking manual on how we should all be dressing and acting. What a load! How many 24 year olds do you know drive around in 45 thousand dollar cars, and live in big ass mansions that costs nearly half a mil.
    All this MTV Gap hollister crap can suck it.

9. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

i love that show...and the new season is in philly close to where i live...i think i will egg there house as a philly initiation

10. SharyBobbins

SharyBobbins QPR Football Fan

How in the world can they call that the real world. I live in the real real world and i see no cameras following me.

11. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter Member

The cast members of The Real World are the most whining, shallow, snivelling, overspoiled, overpampered, oversheltered, overpriviledged, overindulged pigs I've ever seen in my life. They give the impression of having everything in life handed to them on a golden platter. The cast members remind me of young, wanna-be baby boomers (and that ain't a compliment!).
    And they have emotional breakdowns over pure minutia. "Oh, so-and-so gave me a strange look! I'm upset! Time for a house meeting!" It's because every cast member thinks the entire universe revolves around them.
    And they're all a bunch of drunks, the type of winos that think I would just love to hear from them at 3:00 a.m.
    I stopped watching this condescending, utterly pointless embarrassing horseshit when one of the generic, interchangeable casts had a huge, half-hour uproar over someone sticking their finger in a jar of peanut butter. Ooooh, how evil, that makes the guy worse than Hitler and Stalin put together, right?