The Proponent of Nationalism makes his stand

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Ash_Freakstreet, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Ash_Freakstreet

Ash_Freakstreet Hmm.... GROOVY!

I believe that a country should be more than just a loose association of individuals demarcated from the rest of the world by territorial boundaries. I think a country should resemble a family and all of its citizen should see themselves as members of this family. An of course, since a family is based on love and mutual sacrifices, and must function with perfect reciprocity, a family must be exclusive--and thus set some limitation on whose members are. Similarly a nation is simply a family of its citizens and the patriots, who love their country above anything else, are true members of this family.

And the need for this family is self-evident, it is one of the foundation of civilization, through its regulatory mechanism of law and customs which has allowed humanity to have a coherent body of social organization with its goals, and at that noble goal--not some decadent pursuit of pleasure. It is the very entity that allows the maximization of human potential through compassionate acts by the society… and I believe that the maximization of human potential should be the ultimate goal of society, and as society is progressing, it is indeed becoming so. However an individual fails to achieve this goal if he follows his own decadent interest or a vulgar culture imposed by factions of a few powerful and influential individuals for their own profit. Thus nationalism is not only good for the nation it is good for its constituent individual as well.

And finally, I would like to offer this rather relevant analogy… consider a piece of unmagentized iron, it has no magnetic force, because the magnetic fields for all its particles point haphazardly in different directions. A magnet, however, has some magnetic force because the constituent particles have aligned themselves in the same direction…

Peace and Love,

Ash.

2. Mui

Mui Senior Member

Nope.

3. Ash_Freakstreet

Ash_Freakstreet Hmm.... GROOVY!

Sorry to inform you... but Communism also incorporates some aspects of this very concept I was talking about.

4. Mui

Mui Senior Member

some, yep.

p.s your pikachu is a hottie.

5. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

Pokemon sucks, except for almighty Diglett.

6. juggla

juggla Member

i heard it said conservatives love their country like a little kid loves his mother,she can do no wrong. liberals love their country like grown-ups love, they see the good as well as the bad.