the power of now eckhart tolle

Discussion in 'Metaphysics, Philosophy and Religion Books' started by meditation24h24, Sep 30, 2012.

1. meditation24h24

meditation24h24 Member

the power of now eckhart tolle is my favoriste spirtitual book i've learned many things from that books. It changed my life I do a lot effort to stay into now and I am alot more happier.

2. shamansun

shamansun Guest

Great to hear, friend. Have you read A New Earth, also? If not, I encourage you to check it out. I discovered Tolle through his second book and really appreciate his presence in the world right now. Totally recommended.

And as a side note, I'd encourage you not to take the "ego" stuff too seriously. It's true, we have to get out of our own way. But in my experience with this book, sometimes folks get snagged on ego discussion. This is probably my only criticism of Tolle.

Happy reading, happy being.

3. gypsyfox

gypsyfox Member

which eckhart tolle book should one pick up first? or does it not matter?

4. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

Power of now is great to start with as I did.
    Is was like the first self help book I ever read.
    Pretty good, staying in the now is like meditating constantly in an awake state.
    The book does discuss walking meditation.

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Good book...

6. MonongahelaNymph

MonongahelaNymph Guest

I wouldn't call it my favorite spiritual book, but it definitely taught me important details about recognizing responses of ego. It would be of value to anyone who is interested in beginning a meditation practice.

7. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

not too familiar with this, but it sounds like it's mostly rehashed buddhism

8. MonongahelaNymph

MonongahelaNymph Guest

I would say it is correlative to buddhism, but not rehashed. Maybe just introduces one specific tenet in a way that is accessible to individuals who have a western thought process.

9. VioletJourney

VioletJourney Member

I find Ekhart Tolle's work to be difficult to digest. I read "A New Earth" and remembered being able to relate to it while I was reading. But immediately after finishing, I had a hard time remember what he said. Now, a few years later, I have NO IDEA what the message of the book is.

10. Stanjr722

Stanjr722 Member

All of his books can be summed up with just one sentence. Don't think of the past, or future, only focus on right now. Simple message ,yet not easy to do.

11. encantador

encantador Guest

12. dwaparaKid

dwaparaKid Guest

That's a cool link. I love it when people break down the deeper meanings behind films. The concept of Maya is a deep one.

13. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

The main thing that impressed me about tolle is that he is speaking from experience. He ate one meal a day and sat on a park bench just looking at the world for 2 years.

14. CoZMiC WiZDoM RaW VeGaN

CoZMiC WiZDoM RaW VeGaN Member

♥ ♣ :sunny: Eckhart Tolle Is A Truly A Genuine Seer Of Profound Wizdom! ♣ ♥ I Highly Recommend His Magnificent B@@KS *The Power Of Now!* & *A New Earth!* ♣ The *Power Of Now* That He Speaks Of Is Being Focused In Your Spirit * Mind * Heart ~ On The *TIMELESS* Infinite Immortal Ambrosial Divine Spiritual Reality As *YOU* ~ That Is FREE From Your Projecting Discursive Chatty Mind * Worries & Fears & Cruelty & Ignorant Ways Of Being & This Divine Infinite Spirit *NOW* Contains ALL Divine Gifts & Which Transcends ALL Notions Of Past & Future & Bestows Full Omnipresent *TIMELESS* Full Enlightenment In The Infinite *NOW* Of Ambrosial Divine Spiritual Perfection! :daisy: ♥ And, *A New Earth* Wonderfully Shows How Infinite Compassionate Divine Love & ALL Divine Gifts & Absolute Harmlessness Within ALL Species & Absolute Full Enlightenment & Purification Of ALL Beloved Species & Precious Mother Earth Will Become An Ambrosial Verdant Pristine Paradise With Huge Organic Tropical Fruits & Veggies & Nuts & Fragrant Flowers Prolifically Growing Everwhere... Because The Highest~Vibrational, AWAKE Divine Pure Consciousness, Immortal Pristine Enlightened *NOW* Of Divinity Is Being Embodied By ALL LIFE Upon Precious Mother Earth! ♥ Daily Joyful Devoted Prolonged Relaxed Focused Deep Meditation Within/As The Eternal *NOW* Is Necessary To Permanently Attain This! ♣ Pure~Hearted Cruelty~Free Beings Of An Inherently Pure *Mystical* Nature Will Quickly Be Able To Profoundly Live & Practice & Be The Divine Ambrosial Infinite *NOW* SPIRIT! ♥ Those Who Have Explored Adi Shankara's Advaita Vedanta Teachings Within Hinduism, Or The Veda's Upanishads, Or Any Meditative Esoteric Mystical Paths Towards Full Enlightenment ~ Such Beings Will Be Able To More Quickly Understand & Experience The Profound Enlightenment Teachings Within Eckhart Tolle's Magnificent B@@KS & His Video Taped Talks Available On YouTube! ♥ But, Everyone Will Benefit & Some Will Awaken To The Immortal *NOW* Quite Quickly! ♥ :grouphug: ♥ :sunny: ♣ ♥

15. Fringe

Fringe Guest

Yep, what she said.

16. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

I only got 18 months in. Perhaps another 6 months would have written me a book. Sitting with yourself for long periods let's you see what challenges you and if you don't accept the challenge what comes to you is what you want. Mastery is to pick up and lay down at will.

17. thedope

It's on the tip of your tongue. i am i am ay am aya

18. Fringe

Fringe Guest

To elaborate- he sat on a park bench for two years after he was enlightened. So it was Bliss. :angel:

19. thedope

We are all enlightened it is just a matter of what you want to know.

20. Fringe

Fringe Guest

Interesting. How do you see this?