the pledge and anti-war

Discussion in 'Protest' started by peacelizard, May 17, 2004.

1. brandonveg

brandonveg Member

When I was in high school you were required to stand, but were not required to recite the pledge...you were encouraged, but not required....if you were in the hallway you had to stopp and stand there quietly.......Another high school I went to you could step outside of the classroom.

2. lilchef

lilchef Member

My old school made me pledge to the American flag, Christian flag and bible then we prayed and then after all that said the maditory 20 bible veses that where to be memorized by the end of the month. I hated this christian school so I did my best to get kicked out the even kept track of what I was reading. ONe of my books was taken away for not being approved.I dont even want to discuss the uniforms. I begged my mom to put me in public school after a whole year of complaining I was free. My new school is not much better dresscode is harsh but im dealing. my point is i made it through all that and i hpe this gives you hope.

3. Squirrel

Squirrel Member

A-freaking-men! In Illinois, where I grew up, a home school is a legal public school. I have a diploma from Smith Home Academy that's a perfectly legal diploma. I got it at age 17, after already grabbing 16 hours of freshman college credit. I didn't learn a thing, did I?

4. madlizard

madlizard Senior Member

I don't believe in the bullshit but I stand to please people. For me it's just about keeping the peace and not starting an argument.