The Pixies

Discussion in 'Music' started by puddin, Dec 29, 2004.

1. puddin

puddin Banned

Hey,
    I just got Surfer Rosa by the Pixies for christmas and its fuckin awesome. Can any of you people reccomend any other albums by them?

2. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

ahh, the pixies are great! Surfer rosa was the first album i got from them, and was a very fine album indeed!

However, i would have to recommend Doolittle. Im sure you will like it if you liked surfer rosa.

3. miami musician

miami musician Senior Member

the pixies fuckin rock my socks...

4. puddin

puddin Banned

Thanks rhasta.penguin. I heard Gouge Away off Doolittle and it and Where is my Mind? are the fuckin awesomest Pixies songs iv heard so far.

5. k-faction

k-faction Member

I've got to concur with rhasta.penguin: Doolittle is an amazing album. Wave of Mutilation and Debaser are great songs. I also love Where Is My Mind from Surfer Rosa. There's a pivotal scene in the movie "Fight Club" when you can hear the song in the background. It gives me goosebumps.
    If anyone gets the chance, they should see the Pixies. I saw them twice on their reunion tour, and they blew me away.

6. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Doolittle is my favourite album by the Pixies as well. :)

7. fulmah

fulmah Chaser of Muses

Add my name to the Doolittle list! No. 13 Baby and Hey... mmm, so lovely...

and the whores like a choir
    go "uh" all night

8. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

dont forget monkey gone to heaven, la la love you, and everyother song that has not been mentioned yet :D

9. hiddendoor

hiddendoor Member

Doolittle's easily my favourite Pixies album

10. duckandmiss

duckandmiss Pastafarian

Im pretty sure they only have 4 full length studio albums, or somewhere close to that number, Doolittle being my favorite followed by Sufer Rosa, and then bossanova and trompe le monde.
    You have to remember The Come on Pilgrim CD too, my Surfer Rosa doesnt have the come on pilgrim songs on it, and Come on Pilgrim has Levitate me on it, awesome cut.

11. miami musician

miami musician Senior Member

monkey gone to heaven is my favorite song man, besides hey... we love to jam to those songs at my friend's place, it's fun. :)