The Online Folk Festival

Discussion in 'Folk Music' started by kitty fabulous, May 11, 2007.

1. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

Does anyone else listen to this?

http://www.onlinefolkfestival.com/

I love it! It's a live365 internet radio station, and it's really good! "Just like a real folk festival, but without all the sweaty people and over-priced vegetarian food." I've heard so much great music there, it's really introduced me to a lot of great artists I'd never heard before. I can't say enough good things about it.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

No sweaty people? :(

3. kitty fabulous

i suppose you can be sweaty listening to it at home, if you want to. you can also choose to eat overpriced vegetarian food.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Haha, that's great ;) But I prefer to be in the crowd when I listen to live folk music, sweaty or not. I agree the overpriced food is always a bit annoying indeed.

5. kitty fabulous

I prefer the crowds, too, especially when they buy stuff. but i sell reasonably priced hemp necklaces, not over-priced food, although i thought at one point i could make some money selling veggie kabobs.

regardless, i absolutely love this internet radio station. it just keeps getting better and better. i've found lots of great music listening to the online folk fest, much of which i went on to buy through cd baby or elsewhere. they also have a folk blog and a myspace discussion group.