the official talking to parents and children about pot thread

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by soaringeagle, Mar 18, 2008.

1. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

just had well 30+ years smokin & only talked to mine twice about weed (i was puffin a blunt while talkin to em on the phone..1st time ever..heehee)
    but ive noticed alotta threads about how to talk to both parents and children and family and freinds
    and i hope we can put together
    well...years ago i was handin out these awesome booklets, 1001 things every parent teacher child freind should know about marijuana, that was awesomnely put together real facts and everything about this wonderful benificial plant

so how do you talk to the people in your life who dont know the truth about weed? links to info resources
    i know skips workin on that guide should be ready soon

just found this with a lotta medical info
    http://or-coast.net/contigo/index2.html

& some yummy recipies
    but thats lilk off track
    i always liked this 1 too http://www.medicalmarijuanaprocon.org/
    cause it really looks at both the pros and cons and everything

2. MountainMike

MountainMike Member

little stoned soarin? haha, your typing seems to contain more errors than usual...

in any case, i think this thread is a good idea

3. soaringeagle

is it? i never read what i write

wait..what are ya talkin bout? only see 2 typos
    thats way under par for normal

4. PhishheadDeadhead

PhishheadDeadhead Senior Member

a true smoking veteran

5. Therese Aline

Therese Aline Slave to the man

My mom has health problems, so my sister and I have mentioned that it would help her feel better, and be healthier. She also struggles with a weight problem. She has thyroid problems and even though she eats right (she has a drastically alternative diet), the weight won't come off. Her knees hurt because she's so heavy and sometimes she has trouble walking. :( We've told her it would help her lose weight and improve her metabolism, but she's still wary. I think she's slowly starting to come around. She accepts that we do it and even seems to realize there aren't any negative effects, she can see we're obviously not addicted. She also knows we use it for health reasons too sometimes and that it really does help us. I don't think she'll ever smoke with us though. Wish she would. Sometimes we talk about it politically with/around her. Medical marijuana legislation, legalization, etc. My sister told her today about how they're working on legalizing medical marijuana in Alabama and she said 'I can see that it has some benefits, but I keep thinking about how it's a drug'. Ironically, she's all into herbs and stuff. :p

6. soaringeagle

mine as well agreed it could have benifits but then brought up about it still being illegal federaly and the ol myth that it causes acidents...i explained how it stays in your system for weeks detectably after u smoke it and how millions smoke it so odviosly millions will have it in theyre systems when they have accidents regardl;ess wether theyd been high in weeks or not..
    her only responce was..yea well...

didnt wanna get into who else in the family smoked that she wasnt aware of..lol

they sorta adopted the attitude of just not talkin about it,
    probly never would have mentioned oit if i hadnt told em i just quit tobaco...

7. Hesh

Hesh Member

my dad has pretty much the same attitude towards it eagle. ive been slowly telling him about the medical benefits it has, and hes cool with that, but then hes like, yeah, but it just causes accidents (because it makes u slow) and it has more tar in it then ciggs, and its illegal and this and that... he just looks at the bad, and then he got all like, ur really into this drug stuff these days. and thats when i just kinda stopped talkin about it for today. i think hes against because hes seen stupid people on marijuana and hes seen the abuse of it. so therefore he thinks everyone on pot is like that. if he only knew how many times i came back stoned from afterwork and u know conversed with him and it was nothing out of the ordinary :D but if i mentioned that to him he'd probably yell at me.

i havent smoked in 6 months by choice for the respect of living with my dad, he did catch me once, not smoking it or finding any weed in the house, he just found a pipe in my backpack which had been used 2 weeks prior, he had my consent to search the room, looking for the stupid flashlight, well he found it. :D i wouldn't say i was a heavy user... moderate, as i only smoked afterwork usually for backpains, mainly my upperback, or the occasional bonding session with my friends. ive never had a craving or withdrawal for her, just lovely memories of being held in her arms...

8. MaryJane69

MaryJane69 Member

i know my mom and her friend smoke pot occasionally. i dont hide it from her. she comes over to our place sometimes and finds papers lying on the table, and she'll pretend to be surpried and i'll be like "It's pot, mom!"

or once she called and asked what i was doing and i said "Actually, we are smoking a joint atm" i love how she pretends to be shocked. shes so cute

when i was young i hid it from her, but i am 21, i can do what i want :)

9. Socratez

Socratez Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'll smoke with my parents (they do not join in), but it only took me 40 years to convince them its cool.... They were pretty old school... but once I started teaching at the univeristy (and even talked about other proffs who would blaze up with me), they finally started to come around (it was not easy)....

However, for some reason, I don't think I'll talk to my kids about it till they get past highschool... They will probably catch me at some point, but, my argument will be... once they get into med school... hey, I'll balze with them... till then, no drinking, smoking, etc (at least not in my home), as I would rather they finsih the few years of school... (they go by quick),,,, then, they have the rest of thier lives to party big time.... until then... they have important work to do.

10. Sunshine{Daydream}

Sunshine{Daydream} Member

See I know my mom smokes pot and shes talked to me openly about doing all sorts of drugs when she was younger, and Im amlost positive that my mom knowns I smoke. I think its pretty obvious that I smoke since Im not really sneaky about it. But we have never both just come out and talked about it. Its like we keep that part of our lives hidden from eachother and Im not sure why. For some reason I just get way to nervous to just be like "hey mom I smoke too" cuase Im afraid that for some reason she wont be cool with it. does that make sense? lol My hope is for one day to just be able to smoke a couple bowls with my mom as some sort of bonding experence I guess

11. pixeewinged

pixeewinged Visitor

12. RiversClearwater

RiversClearwater Member

My mom was devastated when she first found out, she told me I was the one who had to tell my dad...told my dad knowing that he smoked himself. He wasn't shocked or mad at all he just asked if I wanted to get high so we did...now we smoke together all the time (tonight in fact, can't wait!) My mom's totally cool with it now, she even knows my lil sis smokes but since she's 18 mom's pretty cool with it all...just takes some time and persistance.