The Office

Discussion in 'TV Comedies and Sitcoms' started by Lying in a field, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Hey everyone, most people I know in Australia are in love with the English version of "The Office", its the funniest show in ages and i've watched it about 4 times.

What does everyone else think? and the American one too, i never really watched it.

[​IMG][size=-1]

[/size]

2. koopa

koopa De Kuil Krue Hipster

The British Office is one of the funniest shows in the past 10 years! Ricky Gervais is a comedic genious and his new show on HBO called "extras" is great too.

I love the scene when tim puts gareths stapler in a jello mold!

3. PurpleHazeFairy

PurpleHazeFairy Member

Haven't watched the American version... but the british Office rules! Does anyone know if the American one is on sky? If so when? I sure it's just as good... but in a different sort of way

x x x

4. supermommy

supermommy wannabe crackho

the office is the best! ive only seen the UK version ..i saw one episode of the american one..it was ok..
    Ricky Gervais is insane..but in a good way...he always made me uncomfortable for him when i was watching..lol i spose thats the intent..
    that dance of Ricky's was the highlight for me..
    gareth ROCKS...mister Territorial Army, office 'leader' what a nut..

5. HairyCarey

HairyCarey Member

Best series ever. Women... are dirty.

6. Rigamarole

Rigamarole Senior Member

I rented this show from Netflix. I usually like "dry" humor but this was dry like the Sahara dry. I watched 2 episodes and was completely zombified.

7. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

I've got the box set, including the Christmas Specials. Comedy is the thing I miss the most from not living in Britain. The most impressive thing about The Office was how the actors made it look so much like a documentary.

My favourite episode was when that bald chap comes in to give them training and Ricky Gervais brings his guitar along and starts singing with Tim and Gareth doing the harmonies.
    -"She's deaaaad..."
    -"She's NOT dead."

8. ^^^^^

Ha ha

"So hes gay"
    "No hes not gay, hes looking at a picture of his girlfriend."

I got the box set too, I watch it over and over.

Anyone here like Garth Marenghi? I only picked up the other day that he plays the IT guy on the office.

9. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

i have watched 4 or 5 of the american one with steve carell, it was pretty good i still want to check out the BBC one

10. White Scorpion

To be honest, I thought that guy was just a simple actor. He only had a small role in one of the episodes, but he sure made the most of it!!! He was going on about how go-karting and computer racing games are like the real grand-prix. And then he started going on about Bruce Lee still being alive and working undercover for the Hong Kong Police[​IMG] ! Bless.

The funny thing about him was that I worked for a company where we had people like that. I'm sure that every company has them.

Anyway, I googled and found Garth Marenghi's website, so if anyone else is as clueless as me about this guy, you can found out more about him, here...

11. Who the f*** is steve?

Anyway...heres a titilating fact. Ricky Gervais has written and starred in an episode of the simpsons and if I heard right its going to be shown sometime soon in Australia. Which means you guys have most probably already seen it, but sometimes we get stuff first.

12. White Scorpion

Does anyone know if he plays David Brent in it or does he just satirize himself?

BTW Isn't Gareth Marenghi the same guy who's in your signature photo? I just noticed:)

13. ^^^^

Yeah, hes a dude.

Anyway...speaking of IT guys. I totally get you. A good lot of them are complete wankers. He does it so well ;)

14. deadonceagain

after i saw this thread i started watching the office more, i downloaded the first BBC season and the first and half of the secound NBC. realy great show

15. Wow, I changed someone's life :)

16. koopa

free love on the free love freeway
    the love is free and the freeways long!!!!

17. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Ricky Jervaise and the art of smiling nervously until people laugh.... hilarious :H

18. deadonceagain

its like crack ahah. i like the NBC version more but the BBC is al realy realy good as well, i never realized how good teh writing on that show is and how awesome the characters are its now one of my favortie shows

19. koopa

blasphomy! LOL

20. UnwrittenLaw

UnwrittenLaw Member

it's funny for me to see the things that the American show takes directly form the British show
    (ie the stapler in the jello mold)
    a lot of the humor is based on you not having seen the other show.