The OC (MERGED)

Discussion in 'TV Dramas' started by SharyBobbins, May 8, 2004.

1. SharyBobbins

SharyBobbins QPR Football Fan

Hey let's talk about the finale.
    Where did Seth go?
    Why was his mom crying?
    Is the baby really Ryan's?

Oh and I think Marissa's going to rehab next season.

"Welcome to The O.C. Bitch!"

2. judasmalfoy

judasmalfoy Member

just some theories:

1 seth probaly went to tahiti

2 his mom had an abortion. seth would have had an older brother, and the closet thing to that just left.

3 its probably ryans. bc the oc is filled with drama

3. SharyBobbins

your answers were good. I didn't makt the connection for the second question.Oh and I think it is sooo funny that the old guy is going to be poor an in jail, while Marissa's dad is not in jail and rich again. Just like Sandy said "It's ironic."

4. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I am so freaking pissed that I missed the finale. I hate to admit it, but I love this show.

5. SharyBobbins

EPISODE 27 - "THE TIES THAT BIND"
    5/5/04

Down near the Harbor, Seth helpfully suggests baby names for Ryan, who, not surprisingly, is in no mood for jokes. Besides, Theresa might not be pregnant. And if she is, it might not be Ryan's. Lot of outs here. Then Theresa walks out of the family planning clinic. And she ain't smilin'.

In the Cohen kitchen, Kirsten is frantically trying to arrange the Caleb/Julie wedding rehearsal. She's not happy that Caleb will walk down the aisle with a black eye courtesy of Jimmy. And despite her pleas, Sandy assures her that he won't be making up with Caleb anytime soon. Not even after…some kissing? Well, maybe Sandy can at least pretend. Things start heating up until Ryan, Theresa and Seth walk in with the confirmation. Theresa is, in fact, with child.

At school the next day, Ryan delivers the news to Marissa. In order, Theresa's pregnant, they don't know who and you shouldn't test until after birth. Hey, we were broken up. Marissa isn't sure where that leaves her and Ryan, but he promises that he wants to make it work between them.
    Over at the school coffee cart, Summer is peppering Seth with questions about the future because she thought they were finally past all the drama. Seth has no answers. Her only answer is that they're no longer having sex after this. Elsewhere, Kirsten drops by the bakery to see Theresa. When Kirsten sees how hard Theresa has to work just for tips, she's heartbroken.

Sandy drops by Caleb's office. He says if Sandy's there to apologize, do it quick and get out. And that's when the unpleasantries take a really bad turn. Caleb lets it out that he was trying to sell The Lighthouse land to Robert Campbell to save The Newport Group from going under due to its debts and losses. And only Campbell would pay premium price for the land because it would complete ownership of the coastline for him. Kirsten knows nothing of the company's struggles because the residential real estate division is the only profitable wing of the company. So thanks for blowing that deal, Sandy. And now that Sandy let the facts out, the D.A. is bound to smell blood in the water and start sniffing around Caleb's business dealings again, looking for a prosecution.

Marissa is packing up her stuff at the apartment when Jimmy comes home. He says he'd give back the check so Marissa doesn't have to move in with Caleb and Julie, but Marissa doesn't want him to be left with nothing. She then observes that it seems like they're constantly being punished for something.
    Over at the Cohens', Topic A is still Theresa. Have they told her mother? No, not yet, says Ryan. Theresa worries that'll make it feel too real. Sandy promises Ryan that the Cohens will be there for them every step of the way. Theresa comes home and asks to speak to Ryan outside. Say, Ryan, did you ever see the episode of Maude where Maude gets the abortion? You're not ready for thisTheresa's not ready for this. So she's not going to have the baby.
    The next morning, Seth suggests a trip down to the docks to take the S.S. Summer for a spin. Ryan looks off into the distance, as he's known to do, and Seth wonders why he isn't more relived about Theresa's decision. It's, you know, complicated. Over in the pool house, Kirsten pops in on Theresa. Would she like Kirsten to tag along to Planned Parenthood tomorrow? She sure would.
    During lunch, Marissa is spraying Ryan with questions about Theresa's choice. Marissa thinks they should spend the summer just being normal. And kissing. So they do. The other romantic couple, Caleb and Julie, are together. Caleb has Julie blindfolded, leading her through a garden. What's the surprise for her? One of the biggest houses in Newport. And she couldn't be more excited about it.

Down at the dock of the bay, the boys peel the tarp off the boat. They engage in some idle summer planning. Sailing, fishing, the ladies. It's going to be a great few months. Having a more serious discussion, Kirsten and Theresa share lunch. Theresa says her choice makes the most sense, so that's what she has to do. Kirsten tries to get her to see that maybe you don't always have to make the decision that makes the most sense, but Theresa says that's easy to say when your life has been perfect. And that's when it comes out that Kirsten once had an abortion herself. And that she wished somebody had been there for her when she was trying to choose.
    Later that night, Ryan swings by the pool house to see how Theresa is feeling. Well, she's been doing some thinking. Now she is going to have that baby. Ryan's reaction isn't exactly joyful. The next morning, Sandy wonders what the hell Kirsten told her. You talked her into this child! You know what Ryan is going through! Kirsten told her. You talked her into this child! You know what Ryan is going through! Kirsten agrees, but says she knows more about what Theresa is going through. Sandy wonders what that means. Kirsten quickly shifts gears and wonders if Caleb will be on time tonight.
    Ryan bounds out to the pool house to see if Theresa wants some breakfast, but sees that she's packing. She tells him she's heading back to Chino. She told her mom everything. And she should've left last night after seeing Ryan's face upon hearing the news that the baby was staying. Ryan asks her to stay, but she turns the tables and asks him to come with her. No response and Theresa takes offJimmy and Hailey are helping Marissa move into her new, much, much bigger digs. Julie comes out and tells Jimmy he shouldn't be here with Caleb coming home soon and the sniping is underway. Jimmy is with Hailey because he can't have Kirsten, Julie is a shameless gold digger, Hailey is a former stripper and coke whore, Caleb is a criminal. Marissa's had enough and screams at the adults to stop it. Marissa tells Julie she's getting her way and Marissa's moving in. Isn't that enough. Julie says this is what Marissa wanted too. Isn't it?
    Down at the dock, we find out that Seth is selling his boat for $6,000 in cash. Summer wonders why and he says, well, with Theresa deciding to have the baby, this is the only way he can think of to help.
    The big night. The rehearsal dinner. Marissa and Julie sare a very awkward moment, then Marissa asks Seth and Summer where Ryan is. They cover like mad. Sandy finds Caleb in a corner and informs him that he talked to the D.A. And it's over for Caleb. Has he considered telling the future Mrs. Nichol? In case, you know, she's marrying him for the money.

Marissa finds Ryan in the pool house and he tells her that Theresa went back home. Later, Caleb offers a toast to Kirsten for the dinner and to the guests for being there for the big event tomorrow. After the toast, Ryan moves outside to get some air. The group follows and he asks if they want to get out of here. They hit the beach and Seth reminisces that this is the same stretch of beach where Ryan and Seth first got their asses kicked by Luke and the boys. Ryan has some news for all of them. He's been doing some thinking, and nd he thinks he needs to go back to Chino. He can't let Theresa do this by herself.
    Waterside, Seth finds out that his prospective buyer doesn't have the cash right now. He joins the girls at the diner and tries to hatch a plan to keep Ryan in Newport. Frustrated, Seth accuses Marissa of driving Ryan to Theresa in the first place with Oliver and her crazy life. Marissa turns it back and accuses Seth of using Ryan to get out of fights and pick up girls. Seth isn't going to sit there and snipe. He's a man of action. So he takes off.
    Sandy catches up with Ryan. Any chance of you staying, boy? Ryan tells him that the Cohens couldn't have done more for him. Gave him a home, gave him hope. But he can't let this kid grow up like he did.
    Time for the wedding. Julie walks down the aisle, all dressed in white. Kirsten looks uneasy. She's not the only one. At the reception, Ryan is deep in thought when Marissa approaches his table. Would the lady care for a dance? During the dance, Marissa tearfully tells Ryan she understands why he has to do this, but wishes he didn't have to.

Later, Seth sits off by himself staring at the ocean. Summer tries to cheer him up, but it doesn't take. Seth can't believe the only real friend he ever had is leaving. And now he's worried that Newport will go back to being a hell for him with Ryan gone.
    Ryan's packed up and heading out. Wearing an outfit almost identical to the one he arrived in, Ryan bids farewell to the Cohens, then heads upstairs to say goodbye to Seth. Seth isn't really in the mood for teary goodbyes. Or Ryan's gift of a map of Tahiti. In fact, he's only in the mood to be a big baby. Doorbell. Theresa's here. As she drives Ryan away from Newport in a ratty LeBaron convertible, a gleaming black limo arrives to take Marissa to her new home.

Ryan's packed up and heading out. Wearing an outfit almost identical to the one he arrived in, Ryan bids farewell to the Cohens, then heads upstairs to say goodbye to Seth. Seth isn't really in the mood for teary goodbyes. Or Ryan's gift of a map of Tahiti. In fact, he's only in the mood to be a big baby. Doorbell. Theresa's here. As she drives Ryan away from Newport in a ratty LeBaron convertible, a gleaming black limo arrives to take Marissa to her new home.
    Up in his room, Seth has packed a duffle bag and left two letters behind. One for his parents, one for Summer. He hops on his boat, checks his compass and he's gone. At home, Kirsten starts bawling uncontrollably. At her new home, Marissa unpacks her vodka bottle first and takes a rip. It's going to be a good summer, folks.

6. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I don't get the hype around the OC.... well, it's not my cup of tea, but I just don't think it's all that great...

7. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

the o.c. is nothing like the real orange county. i know, i live here. it's supposed to be from newport (i think), but NOONE I know, (at least), is that rich. but i hang out with the loosers. but seriously, i have never seen anyone like those people. they went to hogue barmichaels! that sucks! i always used to go there! oh well, i was just sharing info. my boyfreidns parents watch it, and i've seen like 3 epsiodes. i bet that bitch aint gonna kiss her. she's gonna wimp out like all the striahgt girls.

8. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

bahahah i don't care what everyone says. i love the O.C.!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

9. gelflingwings

gelflingwings Member

I just started watching this show, I didn't think I would like it but I really enjoy it....meh

10. alex714

alex714 To the Left

i used to hate it
    then loved it
    and now i'm back to hating

11. kjhippielove88

kjhippielove88 color + rhyme

i love it and always have. but i missed last weeks episode...

12. Jointman69

Jointman69 High Nigga Pie

blah, its a soap opera for kids. all these shows on TV dont depict how it really is in the OC shows like "the oc" and "laguna beach" and shit.

13. LivingLegends

LivingLegends Senior Member

14. Baby Fire-fly

Baby Fire-fly Member

I just find it very ironic. The show is based on sympathy towards the young, beautiful and rich and ALL their problems... **tear**

15. pixierose

pixierose Member

i don't look too deeply into it, it wasn't made for that! it is just a shiny soap opera, and i kinda like that. yeah it's shallow as anything but it's nice to watch. i mean mainstream tv went from glamorous&beautiful to reality and bare-all, and now here's a show that's done the glamorous thing again. i like it!

16. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

I watched the O.C for the first time yesterday. Man, it made me realise why i don't watch that much TV anymore. Why anyone would wanna watch a programme about some rich american kids getting into scandal is definately beyond me...

17. Lozi

Lozi Senior Member

ahh the oc. i sometimes watch it for the colourfulness and young youthful tasty people. hmmm...makes me cringe. stick people they are STICK PEOPLE! very shallow and bleargh but hmm i guess sort of ok...

18. alex714

alex714 To the Left

kind of embarassing.....but yes...its a guilty pleasure, i admitt it!

how fucking downhill did it go?!

each episode of the third season keeps disappointing me.

19. cherry_mushroom

cherry_mushroom Member

I've only watched a few and I didn't watch the beginning ones. I don't see what the big deal is, it's kind of boring....

20. freesmile

freesmile Banned

i havn't watched it since the first series, i loved the first, but from what i hear it did go downhill, so i am glad i left on a high :)
    peacex