The nitty grity:Do you think you deserve the stuff you get?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Hari, May 9, 2007.

1. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

I mean all the **** that happnes in your day,,,some days.

2. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

In one way or another we bring on all the shit that happens to us.

3. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I deserve nothing, positive or negative.

4. lakeoffire

lakeoffire Live.Laugh.Fuck.

yes i think i deserve everything that happens to me.

5. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I don't know. I've been sitting here thinking about this. I kinda agreed with you but then I decided there are defiantly things that happen to people that they don't deserve. I'm not gonna give a personal example but I'm sure you can think up tons of ways people could have bad things happen to them just by being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Now if you're talking on a deeper, more almost reincarnation type of level, I might change my answer.

6. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

no, I don't. But on the other hand I don't think I deserve ALL OF the good things I get in life either...so it all works out. Besides people giving you shit is a learning experience because you either fucked up and learned not to do it anymore or you learn how to deal with difficult people.
    As far as the really horrible things that happened to me. I have no choice but to forgive and realize those people were acting the best they could for their ability level. Hopefully the pain they caused me prevented them from causing it to others down the road. God only gives you what you can handle. Living in harmony with the evil in others is a much more empowering way to live than labeling yourself as the victim. If that makes any sense

7. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

^Wow... that was actually really cool to read. I had to read it really slow to grasp it but I'm really stoned so.... But yeah, I totally agree with that stuff...... :)

8. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

there si no such thing as 'deserve'

9. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

But, can you at least admit that bad things happen to people sometimes that they did NOT bring on?

and don't go into that whole.. there is no good or bad, because everything just IS stuff because i do agree with that but im talking on two different levels right now.

10. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

Sure there is: i.e., if you stick your dick in a wolverine's mouth, you deserve to have it bitten off.

11. Duck

yes, sometimes things peoople feel are bad, occur without any action of theirs

same with things that people feel are good

and there is good and bad, just no universal good or bad :tongue:

12. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Wow.... haha, yeah... I sat here reading that about five times just thinking "yep". :)

13. Duck

are you sure the first four weren't "huh?" :tongue:

14. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Yeah, at first it was like "huh?... oh yep.... hmmmmm.... yeahhhh?.... yep...huh.. yep" Nods.

15. Duck

wow... you talk to yourself, don't you??

16. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I have a steady dialogue going on constantly in my mind. I love it when I can actually shut it down, which I actually can sometimes and it's nice. But yeah I also love thinking... and I've been known to talk to myself at times. It's entertaining sometimes.

17. Duck

I tell myself to shut up when I start tlakign to myself, it actually really really bothers me
    I start to get paranoid abotu my sanity, which is quite insane in itself :tongue:

18. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Yeah, I often tell myself to shut up as well. :D

19. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I really stoned too gorgeous. and drunk and on mad amounts of codeine and valium. Today is my official set aside greiving day. I am letting it all out and it worked and now I just feel really horny and want a cigarette and a beer.

huggles

20. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Good. :)

Man I'm gonna have a beer and cig. now and then another bowl. And horny? Um, I soon gotta fast but um.... yeah, im not horny atm but sometimes being stoned does make me.