The New Hayden Christensen

Discussion in 'Movie Stars' started by Shale, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Shale

Shale ~

The New Hayden Christensen
    Movie Comment by Shale
    April 2, 2010

I have been seeing the trailers for the new movie The Last Song and was really struck by how much Liam Hemsworth, the young hunk opposite Miley Cyrus reminded me of the decade older hunk Hayden Christensen.

Liam Hemsworth & Miley Cyrus
    [​IMG]

Apparently I am not the only one who's noticed this. Checked online and found these two citations:

A comment on "The Verge: Liam Hemsworth" by Kyle Buchanan on 29 Mar 2010 was from Bierce, "Oh, look... it's the new Hayden Christensen! And the old one's corpse is still warm!"

On another site, "Lainey Gossip"

..."Liam – he’s HOT in The Last Song trailer. Like HOT. Look quickly and he’s a healthier version of Hayden Christiansen. ...

Liam Hemsworth
    [​IMG]

Hayden Christensen
    [​IMG]

2. wild-flowers

wild-flowers forever arbitrary

LOLOL Died....
    Ya I guess he looks like him a bit. I don't know. They're all the same to me.

3. boguskyle

boguskyle kyleboguesque

i never understood the hayden christiansen thing, but that liam is very nice. his eyebrows look weird though.

4. Shale

Shale ~

Well, you have to understand that I have been in love with the image of Christensen since 2002 when he appeared in Star Wars.

Here is an essay that was published in a gay weekly:

In Love With Darth Vader
    Shale Stone
    May 16, 2005

Published: The Weekly News May 19, 2005

With the upcoming Star Wars movie, Revenge of the Sith, I look forward to seeing the very attractive Hayden Christensen on screen again. I fell in love with his image three years ago in Star Wars: Attack of the Clones.

Hayden Christensen - Anakin Skywalker 2002
    [​IMG]

Having identified as bisexual for decades, and having always had a somewhat equal attraction to both men or women, I had second thoughts about that balance when seeing Christensen on screen in 2002. He played Anakin Skywalker, whom we all know is about to become the very powerful Dark Side protagonist, Darth Vader.

In the previous movie, young Anakin falls in love with Queen Amidala (Natalie Portman) who will eventually bear their children, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia of the original episodes of this saga. While watching both attractive young actors on screen, I found myself being particularly smitten by the beauty of Christensen to the exclusion of Portman. There was a shift in the force, as my bisexuality was fast becoming a one-gendered fixation on the young man on screen.

I found myself fixated on every feature of his well-sculpted face, from the thick, fine hair to the inviting full lips begging to be kissed by Amidala. As the two young lovers were bringing their lips together, I kept pushing her aside in my mind to focus on him, perhaps even replacing her with myself.

There was one scene in that movie when Christensen was fitfully sleeping in bed with his chest exposed. It was typically a young man's hairless chest but with a very inviting nipple that I wanted to run my tongue over for the entire scene. Like some screaming teen-ager, I was really turned on by this young actor.

Shirtless Young Anakin
    [​IMG]

In reality, I am much too old to be involved with someone Christensen's age (24 years) but in my fantasies I nevertheless would love to get physical with this supple young man. Perhaps it is the essence of the Ancient Greek tradition of pederasty, where young men are tutored by an older man who, with his wisdom and maturity, can bring order to the natural chaos of youth.

As portrayed, the young man and very powerful Jedi apprentice Anakin Skywalker was going thru conflicts, had attitude, was challenging authority and structure and lashed out at his mentor knight, Obi-Wan Kenobi. I could have been infatuated with the role of young Anakin as much as the physical beauty of Christensen.

So, am I more turned on by men than by women? The question comes up when I have such a gut-level reaction to someone like Christensen. He gets really bad-ass in this upcoming movie, and officially becomes the dark helmeted Darth Vader. Can I still love this rough trade kid on the screen as he moves into the role of villain? Can't wait to see..

Anakin - Ruf Boy
    [​IMG]

5. undefeated

undefeated Member

miley cyrus actually looks good there