The new forums!

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Penny, May 8, 2004.

1. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

So, yeah, I guess that everyone has noticed by now! We all have to register again if we want to keep posting here... it really sucks, all the data's gone!
    The good thing is that the forums look better now, I mean we can write in color and there are really cool options... but still, I think I'm gonna miss the old forums! Maybe I'm too sentimental...

Anyways, I'm not the moderator of this forum anymore, and I don't think that Skip is going to need moderators now... if he does, then maybe I'll come back! :)

Peace and love to all of you, old and new members!

Penny.

2. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Oh! Well I guess I'm still the moderator, I've just noticed my name shows up with the "moderator" thing under it! :)

Hope that's fine with everyone :)

3. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You're a great mod, i'm fine with that:)!

4. wolf_at_door

wolf_at_door Senior Member

I totally agree with you, Penny. I thought I was the only one for some reason (watch the thread by me, where I'm complaining a lot! ;) )
    -I'm not against changes, but I see no reason for this change. Too me it just seems a bit more fancy. Yes and so? The old webcommunity was good enough. I see no reason to eliminate hundreds of open threads just to achieve a fancier image.
    I'm sorry for being that negative, but I'm too disappointed right now to suppress my frustrations about all this. :(

Good to see you still being moderator here, Penny.

love and understanding,
    noose. :)

5. wolf_at_door

....and how do I edit my profile?... (I better get used to it, and select an avatar etc....)
    love,
    noose. :)

6. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

just go to User CP(it's just by FAQ and Members List). And i have to agree, the older look was ok, no need for a change!

7. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I'm happy to hear it's fine with everyone that I'm still the moderator! :) I promise to be more present from now on and do a better job -

8. Manolao

Manolao Member

hurraaaa for Penny!!!!!

you are a wonderful moderator!!!!

9. kier

kier I R Baboon

i think it means you moderate the whole forums, well, certainly have the power to do that. Has skip not told you what's happening?

10. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

Kier, I think a moderator is a moderator of one forum, whereas a super-moderator, like our renowned Peace-Phoenix moderates all the forums.

Now how you go from moderator to super-moderator I know not. Maybe you have to perform special tasks for Skip........... Oh and just to have one final moan, I do not like the new forums, the new gadgetry does not attract me, I just liked talking to people, there was something intimate about the old forums, it was like talking to people in your living room, this is more like talking to people in a dentist waiting area.......

11. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

It's true, only supermods can moderate every forum... I cannot! But I wouldn't have the time anyways, so it's just as good like this :)

I know what you mean by "this is more talking to people in a dentist waiting area"... it just looks too modern! Imagine something looking like this in the 60's, I guess people would call that science-fiction... but still, I love science-fiction! So to me it's not so bad... ;) But it's true that I prefered the old forums for a few reasons... first of all, sentimental, I met so many great people there and especially Nick (wiuf), my fiance now! I also met Liv (CloudFlower) who's one of my very best friends of all times, and well, the old forums were more intimate, more... warm, see what I mean? Ahhh... oh well, we should stop complaining and be happy that at least they still exist and we still can talk! Isn't that great?

12. Manolao

Manolao Member

she is an amazing angel.. eine Fee aus einer wunderbaren Welt... she is Love itself...
    but have you also met here physically? she has not told me! :)

13. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

No, not yet! We almost did 2 years ago... and we will almost definitely this summer :)

14. zopilote

zopilote Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

ah, i don't mind the new ones so much...i find it hard to imagine something looking like anything the internet at all in the 60's :)
    i do miss the old ones though, same reasons i guess, met loads of great people, lots of memories that are now gone...i loved being able to look back on all the old conversations had years ago...i'm not sure, is there an archive somewhere, or is everything completely gone forever?

agh, now thinking about it i do miss the old ones, love for the new too though, a lot of old members who havent used for a while came back...(me included) the uk forum is a big reunion at the moment...

splendid

15. Manolao

Manolao Member

ops.. I wrote in german in the other post coz I thought u were from germany... pardon!

reall yare you gonna meet? where?

16. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

It's okay... :) Actually I'm from France (living in Spain at the moment - have been for 2 years - and soon moving to the US - New York)

Well, if things go the way we want them to go, she should come to Spain for several days, at my home, and we might go to a Rainbow gathering together in Beneficio :)

17. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

Only having been a member since last December, I still clearly remember having to get to grips with the old forum... after a while you forget what's new and different about it and just fall into a natural way of using it. Change is always difficult to cope with, but after a while using this one will become like second nature. You have to use it in slightly different ways, but you'll get used to it.

Change is good, it keeps you on your feet!

Hello Europe.

18. Maon

Maon Member

aye moominmamma .. you have a good point there .. hey hello to you amyways and it was great meeting you all .. hope to see you all again sooner rather than laters .. Giles

19. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

[​IMG] Hi Giles, Its lovely to hear from you, I hope our paths will cross again soon,

love

Sue and the rest of the moomins

20. wolf_at_door

OK, thanks, I'll do that. :)
    -Good to hear I'm not the only one thinking that. ;)
    Thanks, borut16. :)