The Naturalhi way grow journal

Discussion in 'Grow Room Pix and Journals' started by Naturalhi, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

We all search for the ultimate high, some through the most meticulous record keeping, exact measurements, pure strains, etc.

At the other end is this lazy old Orangutan you know as Naturalhi :>)

The less I do the more I like it! So every pump light and fan that doesn't need to run 24-7 is on a timer of some sort.

Cloner; 2-2ft T-5 blue lights, an air pump w/2 outlets 24" air wall type diffuser, and a plastic storage box w/holes drilled in the top.

Veg setup; 4 CF L's, 4-4' t-5 blue, a modified grow tray, 30gal. storage box/reservoir, air pump and stones, water pump for ebb n flo, 6'' fan, Coco fiber.

Flower room; 5.5'x5.5', 1-1KW HPS, 16" fan, exhaust fan, 4" intake fan, 25gal. storage box/reservoir, ex-washing machine water pump, air pump and air stone, modified bucket w/sprinkler sys, Coco fiber.

I only feed once a week, that is to say the veg and the flower reservoirs get new nutes once every week, and a good cleaning when ever I get a round tuit!>P
    The cloner of course doesn't get nutes just fresh water whenever it starts to get green with algae.

Here's are some examples of The Naturalhi way;

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Sweet my man - what is your pump timer set to for the veg ebb & flow? 4 times at 15 minutes?

-Bill

3. Naturalhi

Coco fiber retains water, so the timer is set for 10-15min every 24 hours, this is for ebb n flo.

When they go to flower room, they get top watered w/sprinkler heads, so they only get 10min. shower every 24h.

took a bunch o' pics last night will post them today sometime.>P

4. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Ahhhhhhh.... I forgot that was your medium. I had only used the clay pellets and rockwool before with a manual ebb & flow (lift a bucket it drains to the other repeat until tired) :)

Lovely ladies!

I have to pop Mainiac a pm and have him swing by and check out the Hairy One's girls.

;)

5. Naturalhi

Yeah, I tried Hydroton, but didn't like the way the balls ground against each other, seemed to me a good way to tear the roots up!>)

6. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur

Damn fine! I like the simplicity factor....i try to keep it that way too ;) The setup sounds nice aswell and the proof is in the pictures! Can't wait to see some more pics, if ya could some pics of the cloner and veg & flower rooms to get an idea of how its all set up that would be cool! But thats only if your up for it.....keep us posted! Ill be checking back strictly for this thread!! ;)

7. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Great to see ya Maniac! No PM needed!!!

Some pics of the equipment would be sweet if NaturalHi can get those big monster ladies out of the way :)

8. Naturalhi

Here's the cloner, waiting for veg plants to get a litle bigger to take clones, and will start some seeds shortly:>)

9. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Ooooo Nice!

I have go reread your setup - had a few ?? for ya :)

Edit>
    Nice to see a DIYer in action!

I see a Fishtank heater? What wattage are you using?

Is that a bag of the Rapid Rooter Plugs? Never used them but if they work! Woo Hoo. Are they a standard size? If not what size spade bit for the holes did you use for the given size plug?

Thanks my man! Those pics were what I had imagined. aerocloner and a nice e&b table.

-B

10. Naturalhi

The veg room takes up a corner of my shop;

11. temp303

temp303 ragtag seed sower

nice work naturalhi ur thread almost slipped by me glad it didnt!! :D

12. Naturalhi

The flower room is 5.5x5.5' the res is in another part of porch, all res's have to be heated because of coastal temps.>)

13. Naturalhi

Tank heater yes, but not those glass ones broke 2 of them before I found this metal one, from Hydro-farms I think, it only comes in the 300 W size.

The holes were drilled at 1 1/8" in the cloner, I guess they're standard size, you might want to buy them first for a sizing:>)

14. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Hey hey hey Ole Hairy Master!

Sorry for the deluge of questions but I get a jones going about different ways to do "the job" :)

For the picture of the white bucket above: I see the dripper and is that a return line at the bottom?

-B

15. Naturalhi

Yessir, that's it exactly as in the pic with black sto-box, those 2 3/4" pipes one is supply t'other is return, the room and tank are about 5' from one another, the pump du jour is down on bottom where i can't get the camera, just imagine a sink drain installed in the bottom of box and 1 1/2" pipe to pump, then pinched down to 3/4" pipe to plants. Also there is a toilet valve mounted on the bottom of box and attached to fresh water supply for refilling;>D

16. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

AHhhhhhhh (lightbulb is on now)... Well that is an efficient well designed system.

Makes me want to go to the hardware store!!!

Kudos my man!!!
    -B

17. Naturalhi

Thanx, The flower room will be changed, again, when spring arrives and the local stores get kiddy pools in stock, when I'll buy the 5' one and redesign the turntable from the old 4' kiddy pool that I used before this settup! Much easier for this old orangutan to spin flowers to come to me than trying to climb over all those hoses when the girlies need tending.

18. Naturalhi

I took a cabinet with removable shelves to create a dryer.

The are 3/8" ply wood, with a 13"x13" hole sawed out of the middle, drill several small holes around the cutout. then I laid a 14"x14" steel mesh panel 'like those shelf systems that one finds at superstores' and attach them over the cutout and hold them in position with nylon ties;

Then when trimming leave a little "hook" as in the base of another limb to hook the bud on so they hang upside down:>)

19. Naturalhi

1st pic: is how I keep 'em separated, take the little tag that marked what kind they are and stick it under grid.

2nd pic: notice how they're hooked over grid, trim from bud is on tray, trim goes into jar when it's dry, the jar is where the dry bud or trim goes for curing.

3rd pic: shows exhaust goes to furnace intake to move air without extra fans. The paper bag on left is where trim dries (stir it up every day)

4th pic: 2 white dots are 4" holes cut through wall with filter cloth taped to out side for clean air in humidor:>)

20. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Very nice. You are pretty handy for a primate :)

I meant to ask earlier: Have you seen an increase in sucess cloning? and a decrease in rooting time since going to an bubbler cloner? Assuming of course that you were doing it the old fashioned way years ago.

=B