The movie 300 is confusing my friends sexually:

Discussion in 'Gay' started by SelfControl, Apr 19, 2007.

1. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

Seriously, it's insane. About three dudes I know have come out of that movie feeling insecure in their heterosexuality. I don't know whether to go see it or not. Freaky stuff.

2. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

never heard of it, can you do a link?
    S

3. LJDV

LJDV Member

I loved that movie, however, I was already gay when I went to see it, so...yeah. It does have a lot of *partially* naked men in it. I think I remember seeing some female nudity in it too...It's an amazing movie, definitely worth turning gay for, haha. =)

4. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

Hah - thats pretty funny. I quite like the slow mo dick jiggle scenes and am not surprised they're kinda confused now. Oh and you get to see Lenoitis' ass which is pretty hot.
    Go watch it. If you're sure of yourself you'll be fine.

5. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

I went with my straight guy friends.

They thought it was very homo-erotic, but it didn't leave them feeling unsure about their sexuality.

6. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

Most dudes I know thought it was the gayest or straightest movie they've ever seen. I mean, it's just bizarre that the same content can produce such (supposedly) polarised reactions.

For Samhain's benefit, the gist of the film is that there's a big battle between Spartans and Persians (I think). That's not where the gay comes from though. It's based on a comic, and they seem to have gone to unnatural lengths to make sure that all the dudes in it have the same ridiculously stylised muscles as they were drawn with. I don't know, I always wondered why comic book heroes were so consistently Ċ¸berbuff; maybe it taps into a secret homo side most dudes have at 12-14 which they vent through Batman and Superman?

7. Ezzie

Ezzie Member

Incredible movie... but it was incredibly confusing whether these spartan warriors were actually gay or not ^_^

The emperor was some kind of transsexual... awfully confusing movie but alas still brilliant

Edit: I'm not gay by the way, didn't feel insecure either about watching it

8. SlickyPants

SlickyPants Member

I went to go see this movie with my straight guy friend and after the end of it he said to me (paraphrased), "Now I know why you wanted to see this movie so badly! The entire movie is a bunch of guys running around in skimpy costumes."

hehe

For him it wasn't all for naught... He was given a titty shot.

We both really liked the movie though (hot guys or not), it was really well done.

9. Samhain

I take it this has just come out (no pun intended)
    S

10. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

http://imdb.com/title/tt0416449/
    eh, recognizing that there are very attracitve, very built guys in it doesnt mean your bi o rgay, just means your capable of recognizing when someones attractive regardless of their gender

11. Samhain

:applause: :agree:

12. treyola

treyola Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Well,I think I'll go see this one then!

13. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

Hah yeah it would've been better to see it with you then I must admit :)

14. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

umm... what lame-os

it's the same as watching baywatch or a surfer movie or soemthing

me nor none of my friends seemed to think anythign of it *shrugs*

15. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

yeah, I must say, big muscle guys in little greek skirt things are pretty hot. :)

16. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

Oh I know, but in this case, most of the dudes would agree, and they still felt kinda weird after watching it.

I guess what I really want to know is, could this film be used to turn a guy who was kinda unsure? Not that I'd ever stooped to such a thing, but for science, you know.

17. Samhain

guys that are completely straight (and I do believe they exist dispite the rather desperate attempts by some people on this forum to suggest otherwise) may well feel uncomfortable if they are not used to acknowldeging that guys are attractive, I could watch baywatch and tell you who I think is really beautiful and who I would probably bed if I was straight, but that doesn't make me any less gay as I don't want to sleep with women, attraction and sexual attraction aren't the same thing.

could you turn a guy who was kinda unsure

I reckon that if a guy went to see it and then came out feeling sexually attracted to men, they would have to have an attraction however small and deeply buried in the first place.
    a comparision would be that you could turn a gay guy straight just by getting him to watch the first season of baywatch, its just silly
    S

18. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

i agree with samhain.

19. Samhain

well you know what they say about great minds
    S

20. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

great minds think alike......

and fools seldom differ