The more I hear about it the less I want to go to

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Bellfire01, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

New York. I was watching Marilyn Milian's The People's Court and fixing my breakfast when I heard the ugly thing come out of her mouth. There was a lady in her court that was going with a creep. The creep had borrowed lots of money from her and pretended that they had a relationship so that the money would just keep coming. The guy was a using jerk and the woman just kept doing things for him. The guy really to advantage of her and it was really sad to hear. (Lucky the lady had proof that most of the money was borrowed.)

When the guy on the street in New York asked some people in the crowd they all said pretty much the same thing. (They thought that he shouldn't give have to give the money back because she gave it to him, even though he was just using her.) Judge Marilyn told the woman (Before the woman showed her signed papers showing that the guy had promised to pay the money back) that there wasn't a woman in the world that didn't think that she got what she deserved. Well I'm hear to tell you that if she had not had those papers and the judge had ruled for him than there was one woman on this side of the computer that did not agree. I hate that mentality. Why is it acceptable for a man to use some poor woman for her money and then get ridiculed because she had trusted and love in her heart? If this is the New York state of mind I'm glad I'm not there.

2. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

"it's the fool me once" and "CYA" mentality. my brother did that to his ex-girlfriend. he's an asshole, but she shoulda known better, he was never good to her and we all told her so. you can only pity the stupid for so long. but this lady wasn't quite stupid, she had signed loan papers. that's pretty smart.

3. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

going to the peoples court was not so smart.

4. mynameiskc

yeah, that's true. i hate those fucking shows. talk about people at their worst. the tv court shows, and talk shows.

5. Bellfire01

I don't get why she has the problem. You are suppose to treat people the way you want to be treated. What if you needed something and she didn't share with you because the world sucks and people can't be trusted. We need more sharing people and less con artist. I just don't get it. Some people aren't as lucky and wind up with people that don't love them. You say she should know better but what if that's all she ever gets. (That happens sometimes.) Does that mean she should stay alone and never trust people. That sounds like it sucks all the way through the wrapper.

6. crummyrummy

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

7. Bellfire01

8. mynameiskc

well, if that's all she ever gets, it's her problem, and she needs to address her martyr complex. people do suck, and there are using bastards out there. go ahead an wish them away. but you can wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up first. ;)

9. crummyrummy

if she was sharing she wouldnt need it back. she was lending and I think deserves it back. like I said she should have gone to a real court.

10. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i love watching those shows.

11. Bellfire01

I don't wish them away I just feel if people would spend a little less time on others than on Themselves then they might understand how a thing like that is awful. I know some people never learn and that crap but I hear junk all the time. Why didn't she leave the abusive man? (Ask Nicole why) People never want to get involved, always want to throw up their hands and say it's someone else’s problem. I guess I'm just hear to disagree. I know that there are bad people in the world and that we make excuses for them and attack the victim. I just want to know why we accept that kind of behavior from people. Everything is "Let them hit rock bottom and tough love. (They say it works I say it's crap.) Tough love is just someone else letting you fail and kicking you while you're down and wondering why you can't relate to people. When you've never had real love tough love just sounds like criticism. (Aren't you glad you came.?) ;)

12. crummyrummy

hey bell...are you headed for new york?

13. Bellfire01

14. crummyrummy

oh, ok. couldnt tell by the original post I thought you was headed and now was apprehesive.

15. Bellfire01

I wanted to go at one time but people keep telling me things like, "You can't say that in New York." I'm not the type of person that goes where I'm not wanted.

16. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

new york is way over-rated...trust me.

17. Bellfire01

I love West Virginia. I guess I like their way of thinking better than that other way. ;)

18. crummyrummy

love they sister and thy mother?