The Misfits

Discussion in 'Music' started by MagicMushrooms, Aug 26, 2005.

1. MagicMushrooms

MagicMushrooms Member

Who else likes this band (If you don't, die!)?

2. MagicMushrooms

MagicMushrooms Member

Well if someone cant see the beauty in this, then they dont know what real music is. But its their loss because they'll never see how great this band is.

3. exhibita

exhibita Member

If you mean the nemesis of Jem and The Holograms, I don't care too much about them.

Or if you mean the band that Glenn Danzig was in, absolutely yes!

4. samson

samson Hepcat

good old classic punk, gotta love it.

High creepy-ness, low complexity, and a dash of rockabilly. Some of the first songs I learned to play were Misfits tunes, and they are still fun to play and hear. Not all punk of this era or style is listenable this much after it time.

5. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

Yes, I agree. Except that I pretty much can't stand the stuff without Danzig in it. I'm a huge fan of his, more than I am a fan of The Misfits.

6. boothy

boothy Senior Member

Err.... how about no? People like different things, it doesn't mean they have no taste if they don't like the same things as you...

7. terd bergler

terd bergler Member

roflmao what a joke, these nerds think it takes skill to play 4 power chords over and over again. Jason Becker is still a better player even with lou gehrig's disease
    yes, in fact I do know what "real music" is. and punk does not fall under this category. punk is the most non-musical piece of shit form of noise on the planet, and its fan base consists of mentally crippled retards who are too unintelligent to understand anything that extends technically past something that a 4 yr old would quite easily be able to play on guitar. B5 E5 G5 D5. rinse and repeat, song after song after shitty ass song. omfg look at me I can strum a power chord! now Im a fucking guitar god who is #25 on rolling stone's list of "best guitarists"! I may even rival the awesome guitar playing powers of soulrebel51!

8. JoneeEarthquake

JoneeEarthquake Member

Hybrid Moments!!!

9. lordcthulhu

lordcthulhu Member

lol, real music isn't who can play the best guitar or drum the best beat, if that was was true, the most popular musicians would those that go to like yale to get degree in music and who can identify every single note on every single insrument. Talent has little to do with real music. Real music is something that makes someone feel comfortable with themselves and their ideas. The kids that listend to the sex pistols back in English ghettos didn't identify with the pop rock shit that was popular at the time, sure they may have listened to it, but it really didn't appeal to them. When they herd the rough, thrashing chords of The Sex Pistols, they identifyed with it. They were angry for being born poor, angry about their family, angry about life, ect... When they herd the Sex Pistols, they felt comfortable becuase the Sex Pistols knew what they were going through. Sure the sex pistols sucked musically but they became one of the most biggest bands England becuase kids could identify with them. Same with Nirvana, their songs were ridiculously simple, but kids loved them becuase their songs reflected what the kids were going through, that's why their considered by many to be the most influential band of the 90's.

10. terd bergler

terd bergler Member

again proving my point, punk is for street kids (and/or retards in general) who dont know of any other kind of music so its the only thing they can relate to

its like how when people listen to shitty bands like linkin park when theyre 10 years old because they havent yet found out about the music that really suits them. as long as someone classifies theirself as "punk", they have yet to grow up

11. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Jerry Only was most definitely not the best bassist of all time. Go listen to Iron Maiden or Dream Theater.

The new Misfits can eat my balls.

Glenn Danzig is my hero.

12. Psychedelic Moss

Psychedelic Moss Member

Danzig is cool. Jerry Only is a fucking sellout and a thief.

13. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I like Old Misfits.