The meaning of life

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by stash napt, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

I've reached those conclusions through study of religious, spiritual, atheist and scientific texts, plenty of sober contemplation and reflection, and had it all dawn on me in a beautiful revelation while tripping hard.
    That's what fucks me up the most about it. I felt so damn sure, it was so OBVIOUS.. But was it, really? The uncertainty, and the certainty that I'll never be truly certain as long as I live, is... shit, it's driven me insane a few times. All I could do was laugh. Then cry. Then laugh some more.

Yes. They sure do. When I tell people about the profound realizatoins I've made while on psychedelic drugs, most of them give me this look. I see the doubt, and how they start to question what they thought they knew about me. I can only imagine their reactions if I was 20 and less traveled than I am.

I have met some incredibly amazing, interesting and reflected kids. I know a guy who is 20 and he is way more enlightened and reflected than most 50-year olds I've met.

I've found that of all the drug-users I've met in my life (there has been many) the most interesting and reflected ones have been the ones who favored psychedelics. I get this feeling, with some of them, that they know something I don't. They're just waiting for me to figure it out. Kinda like the singularity OP is talking about - what I like to call God, but careful with that word because people have all sorts of connotations; it's there, full of love and joy and laughter, just waiting for us to figure it out.

But most people, when they hear "drugs," they think "dirty loser junkie."

OP, I agree with pretty much everything you've said and I'd like to thank you for making a thread worth reading.

2. stash napt

stash napt Member

I'm glad to find someone here whose picking up and properly interpreting the vibrations I'm putting out. :) And to comment on the use of the word God, I must say that I do love to over use it in some situations. No matter what the reaction, negative or positive, the sheer profound energy that the mere utterance of the word brings forth from people is beautiful. People are shaken to the very core of their beings by the concept of a grand infinity.

3. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

No ones rushing to any kind of judgement my young friend,,just having a little fun with ya.. In fact Im glad ,and I wish more 19-20 yr olds put as much thought /refection into a philosophical question as "the meaning of life" as you have- - acid propelled or not

4. stash napt

stash napt Member

:) I wish more people in general did it, regardless of age. Whether or not people agree with, like or dislike or don't care whatsoever for my opinion, I do hope that the idea of this thread irks at least one or two people out there to question there purpose for living. I can't imagine anything more beautiful then living for the highest aspirations you can not only think of but feel as well.

5. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Or live lives of quiet desperation as they realize it is the same old shit every day, forever.

6. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

Irony is the song of a bird that has come to love it's cage?

7. stash napt

stash napt Member

Or the opposite. Everything infinite is always and forever new.

8. thedope

Actually everything and infinite remain indefinite proportions.

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

10. thedope

Love invites us all at some level. Perhaps while in the cage we see our birdie reflection in the mirror and believe we have seen another bird.

11. Eon

Eon Member

Not So. Now that the expansion of the universe has been seen to be accelerating.

OP when you next have the singularity in mind consider the Void from which all arrises.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

life isn't about meaning. but it is about creating and exploring without causing needless suffering to others.

13. stash napt

stash napt Member

Perhaps. But meaning is about life. Food for thought. :)

14. lode

lode Banned

The meaning of life is not to die.

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The meaning of life might differ per individual.

16. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

The question is does,does science provide ultimate meaning,or just knowledge? There are many conflicting theories as to the birth of the universe and its possible demise.Even if we arrive at a grand unified theory of everything that explains the origins of the universe,and one which all physicists can agree on,would that really provide a meaning?Or just an explanation? Thus my feeling is that we as a species will never know why we are really here,and that all we are left with is our own personal subjective experiences,insights and rationalisations.It would take a visitation from an advanced extra-terrestrial race of beings to come and explain everything to us,and it is possible of course that even they would not have any ultimate answers...My own philosophy is that it is infinitely more possible for physical material reality to exist than it is for there to be a complete "nothingness",an absence of "stuff".I really don't think it is possible for us to visualise a pre-expansive universe where there is no matter at all.Even semantically,"Nothingness" implies "Something",an empty space at least,but "empty space" is still a concept etc etc etc...

17. kokujin

kokujin Senior Member

so first those conclusions are worthless,

but now you're throwing them in the face of OP?

you're being childish as hell bro.

And kudos to seeing the kid has been reading this stuff since 13 and is obsessed with it.

When ALL users of LSD share these similar trips, and these theories are in fact already backed up by science and metaphysics theories, then hmmm, maybe he's tapping into a pattern or truth?

and not just "a mind trip."

if you understood yourself, a mind trip implies it's personal and irrelevant information to others. No. OP described PATTERNS.

He didn't even excplicity state the meaning of life indefinitely. He merely only said keep doing what we are all already consciously doing (trying to understand the world around us, and eventually ourselves).

Take a fucking basic intro-personal communications class and they'll tell you this same thing@!!!

So instead of going into dick-mode maybe you should go "I've seen this [elsewhere] before too!!"

Too many hipsters upset with the title of this thread, rather than discussing the patterns hypothesized & thoughts in the 1st post.

18. Asmodean

Never said they were worthless. Viewing things from as many perspectives as you can is definately a wise thing to do. It does not necessarily validates the OP's conviction though (it is a valid opinion, yes). I explicitly mentioned I am not dissing him. Your dickmode seems projected on me. I stand with my opinion that most psychedelic trips provide more mind twists than that they let you tap in some actual truth. That you are offended by it seems unneccesary and strange to me. I did not say you can't derive meaningful insights from mind twists either. I actually believe the contrary. But what we get from a trip are twists not truth (my humble opinion).

19. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

yeah that's exactly what psychedelics taught me, too. I always called it 'the process'

20. Asmodean

I find this a wellwritten post and it makes sense to me a lot. But I'm not sure if I grasp the last sentence? What cultural adaptions are you thinking of?