The meaning of life

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by Ironcore, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Ironcore

Ironcore Member

The meaning of life is to appreciate the gift of reality.

What is yours?

2. Charise

Charise Naked to the Cosmos

What is my/our WHAT?

3. Ironcore

Ironcore Member

Reality? Meaning?

4. dietcoketree

dietcoketree Member

i think the meaning of life is finding your own personal fulfillment so that you can be on your hospital bed dying, and feel content because you had loved and experienced all that you truly wanted to. :)

5. trailerparkboy

trailerparkboy Heat Bag

sounds good

6. sitareric

sitareric Banned

To give and recieve knowledge

7. bassplaya

bassplaya Member

the meaning of life is to go through life as high as possible. not nesesarily on drugs, but anything that makes you feel this way. dietcoketree said it well

8. Ironcore

Ironcore Member

For those who believe in intelligent design, why do you think you exist?

9. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

the meaning of life is to avoid reality as much as possible :p

10. margot7

margot7 Member

hi everyone
    heres hoping to meet many new friends,with minds hearts and souls.

11. Charise

Charise Naked to the Cosmos

Hey, well, welcome. This isn't usually where we do the welcoming, but welcome anyway!

12. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

Well I would say the meaning of life is to escape 'reality', being that what we think is reality is actually an illusion that imprisons us. I would say the meaning is to return to the infinite love that we all are, and abandon all the seperation and fear in this illusion.

13. Art Delfo

Art Delfo It is dark

the meaning of life is to find our own meaning of life

14. rainbowedskylover

rainbowedskylover Senior Member

i agree on that

15. Idiotic panic

Idiotic panic Member

get laid. lots!

16. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

To realize that what everyone else calls 'reality' is just a sham.

17. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

i thought this woz a monty python thread ..........ah well i need to catch up on some zzzzzzzzz or i wont have a life .......goodnight

18. Ironcore

Ironcore Member

Yes, the reality I was referring to was not the illusion, but the truth. I agree, Nalencer.

I'm impressed by the responses. Smart people on this site.

19. JvY

JvY Member

people make theyre own realities, unless your someones bitch. So the meaning of life is whatever you want it to be.

20. prismatism

prismatism loves you

awesome answer. i agree.

i think the meaning of life is to be fully aware of the illusions of what we percieve, by default, as "real" and at the same time be fully aware of the truth. i pretty much said what you said. understand infinity, understand unity, understand love and connectedness and the reality of everything. to the point where you can look at a blade of grass, and immediately realize it's whole growth cycle, the animals that eat it, the way it soaks up sunlight, the atoms that make it up, that you and the blade of grass are the same both physically and consciously, seperated only by your illusions, and also see it as just a blade of grass, the way you always have. god sees what it technically "is", humans see what it represents, the point of life is to see both simultaneously. and to face every single fear you have, do every single thing you've ever wanted to do, and be the exact image of your own idea of perfection. and make other people happy.

that's just what i think...