The lost Pasolini Interview!!

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by Beca012, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Beca012

Beca012 Member

A must read for any Pasolini fan! A very interesting interview.

On October 30, 1975, three days before he was murdered, Pier Paolo Pasolini was in Stockholm to present what was to be his last film, Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom, to Swedish critics. A roundtable discussion was recorded with the intent of turning it into a radio broadcast but news of the filmmaker's death oddly resulted in the withholding of the recording rather than, as would surely happen today, an immediate publication. Eventually, the recording was lost, but as Eric Loret and Robert Maggiori tell the story in Libération, Pasolini's Swedish translator, Carl Henrik Svenstedt, a passionate archivist, recently discovered his own private copy. In December, the Italian newsweekly L'espresso posted the audio recording and published an Italian transcript. Here, for the first time, is an English translation. After a couple of informal questions, the roundtable officially opens with "Ladies and gentlemen…"

http://mubi.com/notebook/posts/the-lost-pasolini-interview

2. monoman911

monoman911 Banned

Beca,

Pasolini is one of my favorite film makers, intellect and a twist of looking at things.

Thank you.

3. monoman911

monoman911 Banned

Beca,

feel sad reading this,
    "You don't have problems?

I don't have problems since only Porcile and Medea were commercial flops. "

Medea was /is a marvelous film.

4. monoman911

monoman911 Banned

There is a general decay of Italian society today, isn't that true?

I consider consumerism a worse fascism than that the classical one, because clerical-fascism did not transform Italians. It did not get into them. It was totalitarian but not totalizing. I'll give you an example: fascism has tried for twenty years to eliminate dialects and it didn't succeed. Consumerism, which, on the contrary, pretends to be safeguarding dialects, is destroying them."

Really interesting.

5. Beca012

Beca012 Member

I agree completely! He is an inspiration although many people do frown when I tell them that. The price you pay for creating something so avant-garde! Not fair. I liked Medea too!! And I think Porcile is good but perhaps only for fans of his! So I can definitely see why he would say that.