The lonely bird

Discussion in 'Humor' started by Commander Dander, Jul 3, 2006.

1. A retired General, interested in extra shut-eye (now that he had the time), was awakened by his pet parrot at 4 A.M. The bird called out in a most cacophonous manner: "Rise and shine! Rise and Shine! Up and at 'em!" This and many such other calls made the bird until the General jumped out of bed and ran into the living room of his little country farm house. When he found it was only his bird, he reddened in anger and threatened the bird terribly: "Damnit, Pete! If you don't let me get some sleep, I swear, I'll throw your sorry little green good for nothing butt out with the chickens!"

On the third morning, the problem had not abated. The General, true to his word, threw Pete into the back yard with the chickens. But, the thought of poor old Pete out on his own robbed the General of all peace of mind. He arose and donned his robe and slippers. He opened the back door, stepped into the back yard, and was stunned at what he saw. All of his chickens lay dead in the yard, Pete in the center of all of them, little feet twitching as in the final throws of death.

The general ran to his pet, and fell sobbing to his knees. "Oh, Pete!", he sobbed, for he was quite sentimental.

"Shhhhhh!" chided Pete, pointing to the sky, "Chicken Hawk."

2. severedheadstoner

severedheadstoner ridiculously sane

I don't get it.

3. brownxfoot

brownxfoot Member

4. ahahaha. i don't get it either.