The Kick Box - On Hip!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Kick Frenzy, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

toffee vodka
    [​IMG]
    Kin Toffee + Vodka Spirit Bottling Note
    A sweet spirit with a base of vodka and flavoured with caramel before being bottled at 20.3% abv. Can be drunk neat, but also try in cooking as well as mixed drinks. Kin is based in the Lake District in Cumbria.

Orison likes this.
  2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Peppermint liquid opium.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

Saranac has a Smores beer. I didnt like it.

4. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Kick Frenzy likes this.
  5. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Stopped by volunteer brewing today. Hardest beer to get that I ever had....and I have had sink the Bismarck and watt dickie.
    The place is only open for 5 hours today and it' the only day this month that it' open.
    PR. You get some hard to find beers. I challenge you to get one from here.
    Was in line for about 45 minutes and there was a 2 crowler limit.
    So I got the chocolate stout. Drinking that now.
    Not very chocolaty for a brewery with a big beer reputation. Pretty damn tasty though just not as much flavor as I wanted.
    Had the bourbon maple vanilla. Same thing. It's an awesome beer and just as described but after talking to a guy in line he said they are all awesome...so I expected more and instead I just got what I paid for.
    The other one I got there was a chipotle stout. That one was awesome. A perfect blend of spiciness and a sweet stout.
    Got an iPa for later tonite.
    Then to stop at the last brewery that I havnt been to on the peninsula is the newest one and first on the eastern shore of Virginia. The black narrow.
    Just got a flight there. They had a tart oyster wheat or something. Different but nothing special. A Scottish ale with all the good flavors but tasted like it was watered down. An iPa that was ok. I was sipping it after a worker gave it to me. Then the brewer asked what I had. I told him and he said it's not supposed to look like that. Gave me a new and less cloudy one. (The last keg just tapped) the new one was equally as good but the first one was clearly more bitter. I like bitter beers so I would have been happy but I can understand him not wanting me to judge his beer on a bad pour and keg switch.
    Then I had the sour. That was easily the best one and would have got a crowler (no growlers) but I had already filled up at the other brewery. I told him it was one of the best sours I ever had. It' all in my head but beer isn' supposed to be sour. But with a strong lemon flavor and being lemons are supposed to be sour. I was happy with that one.

6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I like it but expected more smore flavor.

7. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Having my first sour ale.

Probably my last too...

8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

What kind?

9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Trying the ipa from volenteer now. I thought i had every kind of ipa possible but this one is different.
    I will start with it made a mess. I fucking hate growlers. The shit stuck to the can no matter how much I tilted it. Mess on the floor on the bar on the side of the sink. Anyway it's....a mix of pretty much every ipa flavor. Slight bubblegum. Slight citrus. Slight bitterness. But as many different flavors there is. None are strong. This is very drinkable and goes down easy. Although no shocker being it' only 6.5%

10. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Saranac isn't exactly known for making great beer.

11. Pressed_Rat

Why tho? I don't buy beers for their limited availability, but based on how good they are.

I never even heard of them. Looked them up. They seem very new, but so far their beers only get average ratings on Untappd.

12. Noserider

New Belgium Cellar Blender

13. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Some Jim Beam and grapefruit seltzer. Shakin' it up.

neoprene_queen likes this.
  14. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Fair enough PR. I agree that 2 of the 4 were average for the style. The ipa was above average. That chipotle stout was very good though.

15. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Ahhh. I cant say anything then. I wouldnt ever try a sour from NB unless it was cheap free or very different.

16. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Chipotle stout? That is right up my alley. Sounds divine.

17. Pressed_Rat

New Belgium's Le Terroir is a great sour. Probably their best beer, IMO.

18. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Dogfish makes a good one but you can't taste any pepper. So I fail to see the point. This one I would recommend if they ever get distribution.

19. Noserider

Never had anything New Belgium before.

20. Noserider

Chipotle stout sounds great on the other hand

YouFreeMe likes this.