The Kick Box - On Hip!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Kick Frenzy, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Well-Known Member

And here I am, on...

#3:
    [​IMG]
    (Alc. 7%)
    (Stillwater - The Cloud)

Smells: Extremely subtle. Pithy bread. Sweet, hoppy bitter notes. Almost candy-like. Very slight earthiness in the background.

Tastes: Soft. A sly hint of bitter/pithy notes, softened by lactose and dainty oats. Like a dreamy late morning lost in the fields on a farm.

Overall, it's extremely pleasant. Seriously lovely. The can ain't lying when it says "soft and fluffy" IPA. Quite possibly one of the best beers I've reviewed. If you see this, get it immediately.

I didn't feel like spending an exuberant amount of time searching for a pic.
    so, you get something fitting enough:

[​IMG]

XD

2. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe

Was traveling in NC and stopped at a bar that specialized in Belgian beers.

Had two notably enjoyable beers:

This one was AMAZING--so unique, I've really never had anything like it. I have no idea where it can be purchased, but if you ever have an opportunity to try it, you should:

[​IMG]

Duchesse De Bourgogne | Brouwerij Verhaeghe

Also tried this, which was very enjoyable, but much less unique:
    I also really liked the bottle

[​IMG]

Delirium Tremens | Brouwerij Huyghe

3. Meliai

Meliai Senior Member

What part of NC?

Delirium Tremens was one of the first beers I ever had that wasnt an American macro brew or common import. I didnt care for it then but I might feel differently now

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

YFM,

If you like the Duchesse De Bourgogne, you would probably also enjoy Rodenbach's beers such as their 'Grand Cru' and 'Alexander'. Same style of beer (Flanders Red Ale).

5. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe

Asheville and surrounding areas. Beautiful and special country.

And PR--thanks for the rec, I will check those out, if they are available anywhere near me.

6. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I've recently been given a bottle of Moet, when I left my job.
    Now I just need an occasion and company to open it.

7. Meliai

Meliai Senior Member

Ah cool, I'm only about an hour south of Asheville. I've always loved Asheville, and it has quite the craft beer scene now!