The inconvenient truth

Discussion in 'You Are What You Eat!' started by NatureDude, Jan 6, 2012.

1. NatureDude

NatureDude Member

2. mizzymorrison

mizzymorrison Sage

Hey that sucks because I love cream of wheat.

3. Landry

Landry Member

Just be patient ... whole grains will probably be healthy again. ;)

4. mizzymorrison

mizzymorrison Sage

Yea, thats a good point. How may times have they said eggs are bad and than a month later they are good again.

5. mizzymorrison

mizzymorrison Sage

And the more I think about it, I do not agree with this article. Because Asians eat tons of rice and they are some of the healthiest people.

6. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

What is happening is they are modifying our food stuff and using synthetic fertilizers and insectisides and our food gets contaminated, when they test the food it shows posions. They do not want to admitt what they have done whilst trying to squeeze every dime out of us for groceries, so they do more research, bilking $$ from our taxes to fund said researchers. It's job security.

They go back and forth on this that and the other thing.

The thing we should remember is: If you grow it yourself you know what is in it.

7. wyliecoyote

wyliecoyote Member

I hope they don't think they are gonna take my bread,cereal,pasta, etc away from me. Good article, thanks for the heads up.

8. NatureDude

NatureDude Member

I'm definitely not giving up cereal or grains. They taste too good :).

9. Eztimers

Eztimers Member

Just throwing in some information. I've not his book yet, but I have read many excerpts from it. Worth at least knowing about.

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/

10. NatureDude

NatureDude Member

Thanx for posting this, so perhaps wheat isn't so good after all. Perhaps I should have yoghurt and nuts for breakfast instead of cereal and as for lunch I can still have the fish lettuce and other fresh stuff and what would be a good substitute for bread? Lunch that is?

11. Eztimers

Eztimers Member

I think he is talking about some of grain varities. Something about the grains from the past have an unbroken chain of molecule?? And the the ones we use today, are broken, so we dont get as much of the values as we once did, when we digest it.
    I'm sure I'm bitching his explaination up for him, as I did not get to read this yet.

12. streetlightbeam

streetlightbeam Member

I agree that it's unhealthy for you; and not to mention I don't even really have whole grains as a staple in my diet. I rarely eat cereal in the mornings or at night, and I only eat bread on an egg sandwich, so keeping an eye on my grain intake won't be too difficult. Thanks for the article, man, it's surely interesting! :daisy:

13. springfling

springfling Member

The article about wheat belly is interesting because although I've known people who had celiac disease I never personally learned anything about symptoms.
    The one about all grains is, in my opinion, one persons opinion.

14. Manzila

Manzila Banned

I need to think onces.

15. Closet Nonconformist

Closet Nonconformist Guest

Hi. Saw a show that briefly went through our journey from nomads to farmers. To sum it up: To begin with, humans moved around to keep searching for food. Eventually, someone realized we were able to control the growth of food through planting seeds. People then settled down and figured out agriculture in order to survive and thrive. Grains were often what was planted because it was so easy! Anything that produces grains produces them in great numbers! So there were lots of seeds to plant. We can see this shift in our diet by looking at the teeth of the people during this time. They had more cavities because grains turn to sugar. So... what was the bulk of our diet before that? (what you were looking for in the first place) Humans ate a lot of vegetables. Yes, what mom always told you was true. You have to eat your vegetables! The food pyramid was wrong all along. (Plus I found out that each culture has its own food pyramid, which really suggests that it's not a diagram of what we should be eating as much as what the culture typically eats). Hope it wasn't too long. :)